Thread: Partition full,Gnome-power-manager configuration defalts have not been etc...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Red face Partition full,Gnome-power-manager configuration defalts have not been etc...

One day I was using Gparted and following this I rebooted and had this came up

"Install problem! Configuration defaults for Gnome Power Manager have not been installed correctly. Please contact your computer administrator."

Initially from reading the forums I figured it was because my Ubuntu partition ( I dual boot Windows 7 and Ubuntu 10.4) filled up for some reason.

I used a boot CD and cleared some files in /media. It seems like I kept about 17 GB of backups there for some reason.

The problem is that even though I cleared this out, I still have the same message.

I could just reinstall, but I want to try to keep my data for once, especially my virtualbox harddisks, unless someone can suggest a way to save it and reuse it.

Anyway, I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you,

Renshu

Beans

Re: Partition full,Gnome-power-manager configuration defalts have not been etc...

just have to make sure, but did you "empty trash" after deleting the files?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Smile Re: Partition full,Gnome-power-manager configuration defalts have not been etc...

I'll have to try that. Thanks for the reply.

Restorator, it worked!!!!!!! Thanks for that simple reminder. All is well again...

This Ubuntu community is great!!!!!
    Last edited by Renshu; February 26th, 2011 at 08:07 PM.