Page 183 of 569 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 5681

Thread: Unity MEGA Thread

  1. #1821
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Montréal
    Beans
    17
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Unity MEGA Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    To those that say Unity is clunky, how about telling us what you find clunky about it. It may be that you just don't know how to use it properly.
    What I find clunky: there's no instructions that come with the new interface I can read to find out how to do simple things like "launch more than one instance of something from the launch bar," or "change the bar on the side to stop autohiding," or "use high-contrast colours for the visually impaired."

    There's no 'unity-doc' package, and /usr/share/doc/unity/ is almost empty.

    In b4 someone says Why don't you use Google herp derp?

    I do, and I did. When I ask Google, I get about ten pages of magazine reviews talking about how pretty Ubuntu 10.10 netbook is, or how pretty Ubuntu 11.04 will be.

  2. #1822
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: No Interest in 11.04

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy_Jeff View Post
    If you don't like something CHANGE it!!
    If I like something , don't change.
    Still at 10.04 and love it.

  3. #1823
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Idaho
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

    Re: Unity MEGA Thread

    I liked the look of Unity, built in dock - better use of wide screen space, but the change in menu bar behavior is driving me insane. Even after disabling Unity in favor of the familiar Gnome, the menu changes persisted. *argh* Additionally, I would have liked a terminal icon in the default app set, it took some time to find it.

  4. #1824
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Beans
    2,254
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: No Interest in 11.04

    Quote Originally Posted by leclerc65 View Post
    If I like something , don't change.
    Still at 10.04 and love it.
    I loaded 10.04.o2 in a Vbox so I could have a working reference when helping others on the forum (my first 'current' Ubuntu install is 10.10).

    I turned on compiz and got all the pretties running and I have to say it really is a sweet release. I do understand why many folks have stuck with it, and I have found myself recommended it over 10.10 for some new users.

    I am not planning to move down to 10.04, but I do see your point.

    The Hedge

    Look at all those flashing lights! I'll take one!

    The Ubuntu Forums - our little Global Village

  5. #1825
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    northern cali
    Beans
    386
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

    Re: No Interest in 11.04

    new GUI's should be an option offered during or after installation. during the time that i ran windows even with vista and 7, i still ran on the windows basic theme.

  6. #1826
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NM
    Beans
    1,121
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

    Re: No Interest in 11.04

    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehog1 View Post
    I loaded 10.04.o2 in a Vbox so I could have a working reference when helping others on the forum (my first 'current' Ubuntu install is 10.10).

    I turned on compiz and got all the pretties running and I have to say it really is a sweet release. I do understand why many folks have stuck with it, and I have found myself recommended it over 10.10 for some new users.

    I am not planning to move down to 10.04, but I do see your point.

    The Hedge

    Yeah but you are a special breed Hedge. You install flavors so you can help the community with problems. I on the other hand just like to figure out problems and even try to create them at timesHope you are doing well. Man your beans are flying...
    Boot Info Script
    Ubuntu User number is # 32763
    Linux User number is # 527179

  7. #1827
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Beans
    2,254
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: No Interest in 11.04

    Quote Originally Posted by nm_geo View Post
    Yeah but you are a special breed Hedge. You install flavors so you can help the community with problems. I on the other hand just like to figure out problems and even try to create them at timesHope you are doing well. Man your beans are flying...
    Thanks nm_geo! Hope your are doing well, too!

    I must admit I have been having fun here. I have learned SOOOO Much, too!

    The 'busy' Hedge

    Look at all those flashing lights! I'll take one!

    The Ubuntu Forums - our little Global Village

  8. #1828
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Beans
    2,254
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: No Interest in 11.04

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.farenheit View Post
    new GUI's should be an option offered during or after installation. during the time that i ran windows even with vista and 7, i still ran on the windows basic theme.
    Good news mr.farenheit! The new GUI is an option offered after installation.

    If you are more comfortable with the current layout - you got it! You can still use the newer kernels, the more mature grub and other enhancements without 'doing Unity'. You can even log in and out and swap between the current and Unity GUI if you have a mind to.

    Current Ubuntu users who are not ready for the new GUI have not been left behind.


    The Hedge

    Look at all those flashing lights! I'll take one!

    The Ubuntu Forums - our little Global Village

  9. #1829
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Atlanta, GA USA
    Beans
    7,257
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: No Interest in 11.04

    Quote Originally Posted by Derspankster View Post
    I've tried to get to regular gnome in my VB installation of 11.04 but no can do. Can't run Unity because guest additions will not install successfully. Pretty hard to test if nothing much works.
    So you're judging a beta in virtualbox? On that note, I'm done. Good night everyone!

  10. #1830
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Beans
    45
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

    Re: No Interest in 11.04

    There is a new way of testing a distro using Unetbootin.
    Check out the how to on google it.

Page 183 of 569 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •