View Poll Results: Which is better, Microsoft Zune or Apple iPod?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zune

18 43.90%
  • iPod

25 60.98%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zune vs iPod

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Zune vs iPod

Quote Originally Posted by Spice Weasel View Post
    Neither.

Get a Sansa Fuze and install Rockbox.
    this ^
    I had to do it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by uRock View Post
    Neither! I use my Sony MP3 player. I can easily copy to and from my Sony with Nautilus. No dependency on third party music players to sync with.

I will never buy an Apple product.

PS. What is with the public poll?
    After all this i may forsake my zune for some other mp3 player (other than iPod) so i could use it on Ubuntu, cause im thinking of switching permanently. The Sansa Fuze sounds good.

And i just did it randomly, i wanted to see, out of the ubuntu community, who favors which. I figured since its the ubuntu community neither would be favored very much. But the closeness of the poll surprises me cause i figured most ubuntu ppl would hate windows and everything to do with it like the ppl ive talked to. But i guess there are a lot more ppl who like everything out there

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

If you're looking for reviews of MP3 players that aren't iPods, here's the site for you:

http://anythingbutipod.com/

This site got recommended when I started a thread to ask about alternative music players.
    LinuxforArtists.com - Use free software to unleash creativity

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I absolutely love the look of Zune software, including the Zune app for WP7 and for the Windows desktop, but I like the iPod more because I can do more with it than just listen to music.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Ok so i just switched to full ubuntu. So im gonna have to use a different mp3 player. But i do NOT wanna use an iPod. So what are some other good brands of mp3 players. Preferably with lots of memory. I have almost 30gigs of music. Maybe something with expandable memory?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Spr0k3t View Post
    If the only two choices were Apple or Microsoft... I wouldn't bother.
    Same here.

I would go for a Sansa Clip if I ever were to get an mp3 player, because if it's not working with Linux, it's not worth using in my opinion.
    Debian 8.0 "Jessie"
    HP laptop (15-ab064no-Nordic)
    Linux user since 1999.

Beans

I have a Creative Zen. I'm happy with it. It doesn't have any proprietary software. You can add through any media player.

I don't know if they sell the Zen anymore, but all Creative Labs players are just as versatile. If the Zen is no longer an option, I recommend the XFi.

Beans

http://us.store.creative.com/ZEN-MX-...B002NXD5CM.htm

That's the 16 GB version of what I have. Mine is 32 GB with an SD card expansion slot. It would seem they don't sell the 32 anymore, which is unfortunate. But the others on the MP3 page are all top notch. The biggest complaint I've heard about the Zen Touch is a touchy touch-screen.

I totally went there.

They also have little touches (hehe) that make them fun. Such as:
    http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/200...an_468x618.jpg <------ that's my wallpaper.

Beans

Creative FTW

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Lightbulb Re: Zune vs iPod

Holy heck, not Creative!

My sister has a Creative and the sound quality is really crappy (you can tell this better if you hook it up in your car or living room).

Buy an Archos if you need to be different. Otherwise the iPod hardware really is great. Replacing the stock firmware with Rockbox will give you the best player ever.
    Eternally confused.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast