Thread: A small guide to install DBDesigner4

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Lightbulb A small guide to install DBDesigner4

Hi everybody!!:

A few days ago I posted a thread to ask for help to install DBDesigner4 in Ubuntu Breezy 5.10, but nobody answers to me

In fact I installed DBDesigner4 succesfully, but I couldn't connect to a MySQL Database, but finally I found how to solve to problem.

Problem 1
    "Unable to load libsqlmy.so"

Search by Google, I found some people fix this problem by download the dbexpress library, I did it and solve the problem partialy, because with this library I can connect to Database but when I tried to Synchronize the E/R model, there was an error message: "List index out of bounds(7)"

Solve
    Instead "LibraryName" option points to libsqlmy.so, put it to /path/to/libsqlmy23.so

Problem 2
    "Unable to load libmysqlclient.so"

Solve
    Instead "VendorLib" option points to libmysqlclient.so, put it to /path/to/libmysqlclient.so.10

If you have problems to install or run DBDesigner after installation visit this how to http://wiki.splitbrain.org/dbdesigner

I hope this small guide helps everybody that have problems to connect with DBDesigner in ubuntu [like me]

By the way, sorry for my english but I'm from Mexico city and I don't speak english very well

Beans

Re: A small guide to install DBDesigner4

Following this complains about xlibs is there any fix for this ?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by nife
    Following this complains about xlibs is there any fix for this ?
    I have the same problem. I have installed xlibs-dev, but I still get "kylixlibs3-borqt depends on xlibs (>= 4.1.0); however: Package xlibs is not installed.", when I try to install "kylixlibs3-borqt_3.0-1_i386.deb"
    Does anyone know how to fix it?

I'm using Ubuntu 6.06
    Last edited by yoyek; June 25th, 2006 at 12:31 PM.

Beans

Ok, i have successfully installed xlibs from package: http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/po...2-77.1_all.deb.

And now I have problem with fonts - DBDesigner uses most ugliest fonts I ever seen in my life. How can I change this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

I have exactly the same issue. Looking like its just the way the application is though, have a look at the screenshots on the website!

It's a shame because its seriously putting me off using it!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Dzo View Post
    I have exactly the same issue. Looking like its just the way the application is though, have a look at the screenshots on the website!

It's a shame because its seriously putting me off using it!

Try installing the windows version with wine. Fonts are much better (IMO the website shows better fonts as well). Plus, you can connect to your databases without problems.

Beans

Solve
    Instead "LibraryName" option points to libsqlmy.so, put it to /path/to/libsqlmy23.so
    Where can I find this library ( - package) on Dapper Drake?

Ok my fault, look in the Linuxlib directory... But if I give the connection, an absolute path to the libmysqlclient.so.10.0.0 lib, I become an error too: Unable to Load: /blablabla/Linuxlib/libmysqlclient.so.10.0.0

Can everybody help me. The path is 100% right!
    Last edited by StefanRHRO; April 6th, 2007 at 01:51 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Hi:

You have to install libmysqlclient10 package from repos, in fiesty there is no longer the package in repos, but you can install from dapper repos. I have Ubuntu Feisty and DBDesigner works fine

Beans

check out my comment here for a quick and easy working install method.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...stcount2821196