Thread: Installing 32bit program on a 64bit Ubuntu

Beans

Installing 32bit program on a 64bit Ubuntu+other questions

Hello everyone. I'm using Windows 7 64bit, along with a dual booted Ubuntu 10.10 64bit (Wubi-installed). Some of the programs I use have faster editions made for 64bit systems, so I chose to install this one over a 32bit OS.

Either way, I need to install a program called VBA-M (VisualBoyAdvance-M). I tried using this guide but it didn't work, I successfully installed everything but the program did not appear on Applications > Games.
    I suspected the problem is caused because of the outdated Getlibs library. So I looked for a newer one and found this thread, however the site given in this post is apparently down.

My questions are:
    1. What is the right method of installing my program?
    2. Where can I find the newest version of getlibs?

Also, two unrelated questions:
    3. My specs are (processor, RAM, graphics card) Intel i5-760, 4GB RAM, Geforce GT220. Will I be able to run programs such as the game Fly For Fun or the Windows version of VBA-M on full speed with Wine? Shortly, is my computer strong enough for Wine?
    4. Can Visual C# run on Wine? If not , then(as stupid as it sounds) is there any equivalent for VC# which can run on Linux?

Thanks in advance. Questions 3 and 4 are intended for a complete migration to Ubuntu which I might accomplish in the future

Edit - another question I had:
    5. Is it possible to install multiple programs/updates at a time? I needed to install updates, my own programs and drivers, and since some programs were 360MB while some were only a few KBs, it took a hella long time.
    Last edited by IdoSC; February 12th, 2011 at 03:06 PM.

Beans

Re: Installing 32bit program on a 64bit Ubuntu+other questions

Bump.