Thread: Chrome Drag and Drop Bug

Threaded View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Cool Chrome Drag and Drop Bug

Hi there

I seem to be having a strange issue where in Google Chrome on Ubuntu 10.10 where if I accidentally click and drag on a highlighted image or piece of text (which I do often on my laptop when copying and pasting) a watermark version of the text or image moves with the cursor, I assume to allow quick downloading and dragging to other programs.

But when I let go of the item it moves back towards its original position but stops about 10px away. Then when I minimize Chrome or bring another window to the front that watermark item is still at the front of the screen.

The only way I can get rid of it is to drag a second item within Chrome and both disappear. Then a third time it stays and the 4th they both go.

It isn't a major issue but while I work I copy example code from forums and websites to test or learn from and I quite often end up with large overlays of code and have to go back to Chrome and repeat my action to get rid of it.

I have attached an example where I have dragged the forum logo on the forum homepage. And then after I switched to gedit and the overlay is still there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    apt-get moo