Thread: Sentelic Finger Sensing Pad has erratic behaviour

Beans

Unhappy Sentelic Finger Sensing Pad has erratic behaviour

I recently installed Ubuntu 10.10 netbook remix on my new Virgin Media Freedom netbook.

Most things seem to work fine however the touchpad doesn't and after much struggling trying to get it to work I've run out of ideas.

Currently when I do so much as touch the pad, the mouse pointer flies around the screen opening all sorts of windows, creating new folders on my desktop and opening the recycle bin a lot. It's unusable. On occasion it will work perfectly but as soon as I remove my finger from the pad and press it again it goes back to aforementioned behaviour.

The bug has been noted before here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/311869 and although it should have been fixed for 10.10 I'm still having issues

I downloaded and installed the .deb file from here http://sourceforge.net/projects/fsp-lnxdrv/

Trying to do it from source results in various errors that nobody else on the bug page were getting and that I can't debug myself.

I'm seriously very stuck here, and there's no going back on this netbook as I screwed up partitioning and accidentally deleted windows!

ttfn

Jonny

Beans

Re: Sentelic Finger Sensing Pad has erratic behaviour

Bump.

Beans

I'm having identical problems. Installed fspc and whacked the acceleration down to nil. Doesn't make a difference, as soon as the finger goes on the touch pad it jumps around like no ones business! I have to hover over the vague area I want to click, take my finger off the pad and carefully touch the mouse button without touching the pad. even then it likes to go off on adventures by itself. =(

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

same issue with natty/lxde on mine im having to use usb trackball but it does seem to stabiize every now and then for some reason