Thread: load different xorg configs with keyboard shortcut

Beans

Question load different xorg configs with keyboard shortcut

I have a laptop and external monitor. When I want to change the display configuration I have to open nvidia-settings, set the configuration, and apply the changes. Is there a way to bypass this and load different xorg configurations using keyboard shortcuts? I would be willing to settle for a command I can assign to a desktop shortcut to have the same effect if its possible.

Ideally, I would like to be able to press ctrl-1 and have just the laptop screen, ctrl 2 for just external screen, and ctrl-3 for both.

Does anyone have thoughts on this?
    HP Pavilion dv9740us with dual boot SATA XP and Ubuntu 10.10. 3G DDR2 RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo T5450 / 1.67 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS @ 512MB

Beans

Re: load different xorg configs with keyboard shortcut

bump? having the exact same problem

Beans

I found a way using disper, a command line display switcher... Using native ubunutu you can assign disper -s and disper -S to new keyboard shortcuts right from the main menu under system>preferences. Switches between primary and secondary monitors. Once installed see disper --help for even more options.

http://willem.engen.nl/projects/disper/
    HP Pavilion dv9740us with dual boot SATA XP and Ubuntu 10.10. 3G DDR2 RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo T5450 / 1.67 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS @ 512MB

Beans

You don't by any chance have an nVidia graphics card do you?

I believe disper doesn't seem to work with ati :/

Been looking at Aranar... but it doesn't seem to work correctly.