Thread: Newbie Learning in Elkhart/Goshen Area

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Newbie Learning in Elkhart/Goshen Area

I live in Nappanee and work in New Paris.

It would be great if there were someone offering classes in the Elkhart/Goshen area like was done for the Lafayette area in an earlier post. I've been using Ubuntu for about a year now, and some things are still confusing to me. My recent program knowledge quests are for IRSSI and mplayer. Learning on your own works, but is more time consuming than if you had a friend who knows more than you.

I am also interested in a dedicated HTPC running Linux. I have my HD projector connected to my PC, and don't know what the advantage of creating a dedicate player would be. I've always wanted to see someone's setup to see if there is something I am missing.

Beans

Re: Newbie Learning in Elkhart/Goshen Area

I'm in the Elkhart/Goshen area too. Been using Linux for about 8 years. Best help I had ever gotten were on Linux forums, such as, this one. Just post your questions and I'm sure plenty of people would be willing to help.
    ...couldn't leave well enough alone.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Newbie Learning in Elkhart/Goshen Area

just took the big leap of making ubuntu my os on my new laptop and im looking for some support and friendly people in the area.. i live in mishawaka