Thread: Titles in preview for Compiz Scale - Window Picker

Beans

Titles in preview for Compiz Scale - Window Picker

Hello,
    As the title suggests. I am looking for a way to place titles either on or under the previews in the Window Picker. I usually have many windows open, quite often with many of those windows being from the same program (i.e., OpenOffice Documents). I am wondering if the Scale plugin has some way of either overlaying titles when the mouse hovers over the preview, or if titles can be placed directly underneath the previews as they would be in OSX's Expose. Thank you for any help!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Titles in preview for Compiz Scale - Window Picker

On Lucid, there's a "Scale Addons" in my CompizConfig Settings Manager. Under appearance, I've been able to edit the "Window Title Display" field and set it to "All Windows". I had to tweak it to make it look nice, but it works!

PS: I don't know which version of Ubuntu you are using or the version in which this was introduced.

Beans

This feature was either removed, or moved to somewhere else in Natty. I don't see this option in scale anymore and it makes it quiet useless with many windows Was it part of adding crutches to support Unity?

EDIT. Sorry, my bad, I see this option in Scale Addons, but even enabling it for all windows does not display window titles. Same applies to Shift Switcher.
    Last edited by tulskiy; May 18th, 2011 at 04:46 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

You also need the Text Plugin to be enabled (which is a mistake I made also).

Beans

Cool, now it works, thank you.

Beans

Hello,

I'm reviving this old thread to ask if anyone knows if the way the windows titles are displayed can be modified.
    I regularly work with several files that/are/buried/deep/down/in/my/home/folder and I only see the beginning of the path in the windows title, but not the actual file name... Is there a way to tell compiz to display the file name, and omit the beginning of the path if necessary, and not the other way round ?

Antoine

Beans

Thanks Umang for that last suggestion, I was getting frustrated with compiz not acting as it is told to act. Could this be a bug ? In all other cases compiz asks the user if the text plugin should be enabled because it is needed...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Probably. You should try reporting it. I no longer have that version and may not have the time to report a bug soon.

Beans

Thank you very much ^^, i did it!