Thread: sandisk ipod not recognized

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

sandisk ipod not recognized

My daughter has asandisk ipod. I tried to plug it intoour pc and upload some songs to it in Ubuntu, but Ubuntu does not recognizeit. I imagine, as usual, this is adriver issue. Are there any genericdrivers that work across the board? Doesanyone know about sandisk drivers for Ubuntu?
    Switching from Windows to Ubuntu one small step at a time

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: sandisk ipod not recognized

Sandisk ipod??? Sandisk does not have a mp3 player named ipod as far as I know. If they did it would likely invite a lawsuit from Apple since Apple owns the ipod name.
    What Sandisk model do you have?
    Sandisk does make mp3 players. I have a Sandisk Sansa Fuze that works perfectly in linux. On my Fuze player you have to set it to MSC mode in the settings options for it to work on linux. So try setting your player to MSC mode if you can and see if it is recognized in Ubuntu.

Write back if you need more help.
    Registered Linux User #422464 http://linuxcounter.net/
    Use the search engine that respects your privacy rights: https://startpage.com/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: sandisk ipod not recognized

No, Sandisk does not make an iPod. My wife and daughter had been calling it that and I did not even pay attention. Thanks for pointing that out.

Also, thanks for the tip. I got Ubuntu to recognize the Sandisk Sansa Fuze. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by tommcd View Post
    Sandisk ipod??? Sandisk does not have a mp3 player named ipod as far as I know. If they did it would likely invite a lawsuit from Apple since Apple owns the ipod name.
    What Sandisk model do you have?
    Sandisk does make mp3 players. I have a Sandisk Sansa Fuze that works perfectly in linux. On my Fuze player you have to set it to MSC mode in the settings options for it to work on linux. So try setting your player to MSC mode if you can and see if it is recognized in Ubuntu.

Write back if you need more help.
    Switching from Windows to Ubuntu one small step at a time