Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wifi Slow on Battery Power

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Wifi Slow on Battery Power

I am currently facing the same issue, and I am here to tell you that the command stated above resolves the problem, but you also have to issue it not only when the machine is rebooted, but also when it enters Suspend mode and then Normal mode.

By the way, does anyone know if is there a way to add this to system boot? Maybe editing /etc/rc.local?

Best regards.

Beans

The script that turns on powersave mode is /usr/lib/pm-utils/power.d/wireless

If you want to override that script, create a new one at /etc/pm/power.d/wireless

If you don't want it to change anything, just have your new script call: exit 0

Or you can make a copy of /usr/lib/pm-utils/power.d/wireless and tweak it to your liking.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by mhall119 View Post
    The script that turns on powersave mode is /usr/lib/pm-utils/power.d/wireless

If you want to override that script, create a new one at /etc/pm/power.d/wireless

If you don't want it to change anything, just have your new script call: exit 0

Or you can make a copy of /usr/lib/pm-utils/power.d/wireless and tweak it to your liking.
    Can we just delete this file? I'd rather my battery die then it to slow my performance to the point where it is not worth having wireless at all.
    Last edited by Hatsune Miku; May 6th, 2012 at 06:41 AM.
    Where is the Love?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12