Page 38 of 49 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Asus Eee PC 1015PN - graphic cards: Optimus and ION

Beans

Re: Asus Eee PC 1015PN - graphic cards: Optimus and ION

Quote Originally Posted by Nisitiiapi View Post
    Make sure you add the repository for eee1015pn-acpitools. But, I do not know if it will work with 10.10. I believe the repository is only for 11.10 and 12.04. You may need to download an older deb that is compatible with 10.10. Mtron can confirm this.
    Thats true that it works with 11.10 and 12.04
    But it use to work with 10.10 also
    I also think that i need the old .deb which is compatible with 10.10 but i can not find it anymore.
    Please upload this file if anyone have it

Beans

Hi Mtron, i am waiting for your reply... can you please confirm this... I know support for 10.10 is not anymore, but still trying my luck.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hello!

As you suspected, 10.10 and 11.04 are not supported by the current version of the scripts. A lot of internal configuration stuff changed from gnome2 to gnome3 and also the xserver config changed.

But i will have a look if i can find a old version on my backups for you. I'm currently on holidays so it will take me some days.

cheers!
    Ubuntu for the EeePC-1015PN

Beans

Smile Re: Asus Eee PC 1015PN - graphic cards: Optimus and ION

Quote Originally Posted by mtron View Post
    Hello!

As you suspected, 10.10 and 11.04 are not supported by the current version of the scripts. A lot of internal configuration stuff changed from gnome2 to gnome3 and also the xserver config changed.

But i will have a look if i can find a old version on my backups for you. I'm currently on holidays so it will take me some days.

cheers!
    Thanks, i will be waiting....
    wish you nice holidays

Beans

Good for 1015n owners... and poor 1215n ones...
    As I read some parts of this thread, I found that 1215n is not supported by your script. I'm using bumblebee in my 1215n, but as you might know, it's useless. It's only useful to turn off the Nvidia card.
    But your script allows users to choose the default device for the next boot. intel, nvidia, or both of them (optimus). I wanted to know how I can choose nvidia or intel as the default device for the next boot (in 1215n) without your script? as you've developed such a great script, you might help me doing this. It's not important to make it GUI, commandline is ok

I'm using debian wheezy + gnome-shell + bumblebee installed

Thanks in advance

Beans
    Distro

I wanted to know how I can choose nvidia or intel as the default device for the next boot (in 1215n) without your script?
    Hello!

The 1015pn has a quite rare hardware design. Both gpu's are directly wired to the Laptop's LVDS panel and this physical connection is the important part.

Most "optimus" laptops don't have this wire from the nvidia gpu to the display, so the nvidia gpu draws to the intel framebuffer and not to the screen directly.

Easiest to check if your laptop has this design feature is to turn it off & back on and see what gpu is active per default. If the nvidia gpu is active your hardware design is ok (if the intel gpu is active you're out of luck)

Then you need to dump the dsdt tables to find the acpi_call, but let's see if your hardware design is useable first

Beans

Hello!
    Easiest to check if your laptop has this design feature is to turn it off & back on and see what gpu is active per default. If the nvidia gpu is active your hardware design is ok (if the intel gpu is active you're out of luck)

Then you need to dump the dsdt tables to find the acpi_call, but let's see if your hardware design is useable first
    The default GPU is intel. I don't get your meaning, every time, the default gpu is intel. how can we confirm it with a command?!

find the attachment, this is an output of lspci -vv of this laptop. maybe it could help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro

Hello!
    if the intel gpu is active you're out of luck
    i guess this is pretty clear. Your laptop does not have the required hardware mux so you can't use this script.

Beans

Smile Re: Asus Eee PC 1015PN - graphic cards: Optimus and ION

Hi Mtron, i was looking for 1015pn graphic cards script for Ubuntu 10.10 but i could not find on internet.
    You told be that you might have it in your backup.... can you please check for me and upload if you have...

Thanks

Beans

Dear all.

This thread seems to be frequently visited: We have had 378 replies and about 65 508 visitors. Thanks to mtron, the switching between the two GPUs is working quite well for the 1015PN ! (well, at least in my case)

Thanks mtron!

Cheers.

Page 38 of 49 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast