Thread: Some cursors are broken.

Beans

Some cursors are broken.

After upgrade to 10.10 certain cursors became broken. Please see attached picture to get an idea what it looks like, I've circled the cursor. I had to take a pic with a camera, if I do a print screen the resulting image shows normal cursor. I've tried turning off desktop effects and different drivers for the video card. The cursor is broken for the following apps:
    rdesktop - always when connected to the remote host
    chrome/firefox - image zoom in/out
    open office draw - when I try to resize a line.

Thanks in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: Some cursors are broken.

Hi , sorry , but I can't tell much by your picture. If they are cursors themes that you have download , they may no longer be compatible. I would check for updated versions if this is the case .

I have found themes , icons , and other things that simply don't work because the developer failed to keep them up to date.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Frogs Hair View Post
    Hi , sorry , but I can't tell much by your picture. If they are cursors themes that you have download , they may no longer be compatible. I would check for updated versions if this is the case .

I have found themes , icons , and other things that simply don't work because the developer failed to keep them up to date.
    I actually never installed any custom cursor themes. I've tried changing cursor in the theme customization screen without any success. It is strange that it only affects a few apps.

Beans

I'm having the same problem, using an ATI Radeon HD 5450. I run two monitors off the card, no problems on the DVI, only on the VGA.

Seems to me to be a problem related to the card, and only with Rdesktop and maybe other full screen apps.

Anyone figure this out? Really irritating to work with.

Beans

Got it! Turns out installing the lastest version of the ATI driver from their site did the trick:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...2&lang=English