Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: logitech controller....how to get it to work?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NC
    Beans
    13
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: logitech controller....how to get it to work?

    i find it hard to believe it "just isn't supported." did you try using google? if you are looking for an answer odds are someone has already answered it, or is asking the same question. check out this link and see if it helps at all (first google result):

    http://www.ubuntugeek.com/how-to-set...in-ubuntu.html

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Beans
    1

    Talking Re: logitech controller....how to get it to work?

    Quote Originally Posted by travissparks1307 View Post
    You shouldn't need any drivers for it. I recently purchased this same gamepad and it worked as soon as I plugged it in. There was no pop-up or anything. I got it for my emulators, (Mupen64plus, ZSNES, Gens) and it just worked. Flawlessly, I might add. It's easily the best gamepad I've ever used. Very responsive, very precise. I'm running 10.10 Maverick Meerkat 64-bit.

    You may have it in the wrong mode. On mine, I have the bottom switch on X not D. Also there is a mode button on the face with a light. Mine is not lit. I have had no problems. I hope you get it working, it's a great gamepad.

    Also, be aware that this pad identifies as a "Generic X-Box pad" at least according to Mupen64plus.
    THANKS A LOT!! I had forgotten all about the small button on the back side of the gamepad (Logitech F310). Now everything works in Ubuntu 10.10 just by plugging the usb-cable in )

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Beans
    2
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

    Re: logitech controller....how to get it to work?

    I have a Gigaware USB Controller (Radioshack brand), and that works perfectly, but I can't get my new Logitech F310 USB gamepad to work.

    I'm using Ubuntu 8.04 (32 bit). I have jscalibrator and jscal/jstest.

    When I set my Logitech controller to "X" (Xinput), pushing the mode button will make the green light come on, but when setting it to "D" (DirectInput) the light turns off and will not come on when pressed. Is this normal, or some sort of hardware failure?

    When I set my controller to "X" it does not show up in dev/input and jscalibrator says it could not access the specified paths, but if I unplug it, set it to "D", and plug it back in it will show up as dev/input/js0. Then, when I run jscalibrator or jscal or jstest the controller will show up, but it will not recognize input - everything stays at zero no matter what button(s) I press.

    In the terminal, lsusb gives:

    Bus 001 Device 010: ID 046d:c216 Logitech, Inc. Dual Action Gamepad
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 046d:0a0c Logitech, Inc.
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

    Is this a hardware or software problem? I don't have any other systems to test the controller on. If software, any ideas how to fix this? Thanks.
    Last edited by Gerbil King; October 30th, 2011 at 01:31 AM.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: logitech controller....how to get it to work?

    Quote Originally Posted by travissparks1307 View Post
    You may have it in the wrong mode. On mine, I have the bottom switch on X not D.
    *This* solved my problem after googling for a half hour. Thanks for the tip and here's to anyone else trying to get their Logitech Dual Action F310 working with ubuntu!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Beans
    3

    Re: logitech controller....how to get it to work?

    Logitech F310 here and it works for me as well. (Sorry for the bump, but it's been a while since I used this gamepad and I forgot why it wasn't working at first until I landed here).

    It is confirmed that the switch on the back must be set to X. Try unplugging and plugging it back in after you switch to X.

    Also, it is recommended to install jstest-gtk to calibrate it. This tool has seriously enhanced performance of this gamepad.

    sudo apt-get install jstest-gtk
    Last edited by illunatic; November 9th, 2012 at 03:36 AM.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Beans
    232

    Re: logitech controller....how to get it to work?

    I have the F510, which is just a 310 with built in rumble, and it works fine. You have to make sure that the switch on the bottom is set for Xinput rather than Directinput.

    I highly recommend QJoyPad for setting it up with different games and programs.
    http://qjoypad.sourceforge.net/

    You can use it for games that don't have explicit gamepad support by mapping keystrokes and mouse actions to the buttons and sticks, and you can save different profiles for different games.
    ---------------
    http://the-board.info/

    My site. Come visit me.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Beans
    7

    Re: logitech controller....how to get it to work?

    Quote Originally Posted by travissparks1307 View Post
    You shouldn't need any drivers for it. I recently purchased this same gamepad and it worked as soon as I plugged it in. There was no pop-up or anything. I got it for my emulators, (Mupen64plus, ZSNES, Gens) and it just worked. Flawlessly, I might add. It's easily the best gamepad I've ever used. Very responsive, very precise. I'm running 10.10 Maverick Meerkat 64-bit.

    You may have it in the wrong mode. On mine, I have the bottom switch on X not D. Also there is a mode button on the face with a light. Mine is not lit. I have had no problems. I hope you get it working, it's a great gamepad.

    Also, be aware that this pad identifies as a "Generic X-Box pad" at least according to Mupen64plus.
    You are my hero. I have been pulling my hair out trying to get Ubuntu 12.10 to recognize this controller.

    Turns out all I needed was to flick that little switch on the back, that I didn't even know existed, to X and there it is on lsusb.

    I'm just trying to set up an old laptop with lubuntu and zsnes for my 11 year old cousin, and the whole process has been riddled with issues all the way.

    This is what works for me off a fresh install of lubuntu.

    1. sudo apt-get install joystick
    1a. (I also had packages linux-firmware-nonfree and zsnes at this point)

    2. make sure that the switch on the back of the controller is switched to X input mode.

    3. Plug and Play

    Seriously, you saved me.

    P.S. If you don't already know, the mode button on the front with the light swaps the left d-pad and analog stick. Using mode, you can set one set of controls in zsnes. By pressing mode, you can switch between analog and d-pad without altering input settings.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Beans
    46

    Re: logitech controller....how to get it to work?

    Hi I'm I just bought this controller and I'm trying to use it in Ubuntu 12.10 for PCSX2 but when I set configure my buttons I can't use both the d pad and the analogue sticks at the same time. the pad plugin for PCSX2 detects it as a generic xbox controller.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Beans
    1

    Re: logitech controller....how to get it to work?

    BUMP
    finally found out what was wrong. Had to modprobe for a logitech gamepad as it wasnt being read lsusb.

    Logitech ADI digital joysticks and gamepads


    in terminal run
    "sudo modprobe adi"

    flip the switch on the bottom to "x"

    enjoy

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Beans
    101

    Re: logitech controller....how to get it to work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Famicommander View Post
    I have the F510, which is just a 310 with built in rumble, and it works fine. You have to make sure that the switch on the bottom is set for Xinput rather than Directinput.

    I highly recommend QJoyPad for setting it up with different games and programs.
    http://qjoypad.sourceforge.net/

    You can use it for games that don't have explicit gamepad support by mapping keystrokes and mouse actions to the buttons and sticks, and you can save different profiles for different games.
    Does this work for logitech mice? (Or is there something similar for mice?) My MX518 works fine, except that the two buttons that are officially for increasing/decreasing dps on the fly can't be remapped in Linux like they can in Windows, which is quite annoying....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •