Thread: Stop motion.. ish.. animation software

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Stop motion.. ish.. animation software

So I want to make some animations but I'd prefer to draw the frames individually in Gimp.. tedious though that is.. as i've found there are never enough options when you draw within a program

I need something that will allow me to put in all the jpegs i make and then adjust the frame rate and export them in some resonable format which is compatable with video sites like youtube..

Here's an animation I made before with Pencil: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P3ahykceXg& but I had sooooo many problems and crashes and difficulties exporting that i'd rather steer clear of it in future.

I know there's a program in the repos called "stop motion" but i've found it a bit awkward to use

Any advice?

And if anyone has done anything on any of the programs you mention I'd love to see it!
    Last edited by RabbitWho; January 23rd, 2011 at 05:16 PM.

Beans

Re: Stop motion.. ish.. animation software

Tupi, KToon's fork, now has a traditional frame by frame animation mode (since few weeks).
    Libre Graphics World — news and articles on free design and photography software

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

It costs $149 , but there is Anime Studio for Linux, Ubuntu 8 and 9 but Im unsure about 10. You could import all your hand drawings. Was not sure if you were looking for only free or also open to comercial software but I know my good friend is extremely happy with the program. He loves stop motion and prefers to draw with pencil and scan in. He also uses gimp.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by miekrand View Post
    It costs $149 , but there is Anime Studio for Linux, Ubuntu 8 and 9 but Im unsure about 10. You could import all your hand drawings. Was not sure if you were looking for only free or also open to comercial software but I know my good friend is extremely happy with the program. He loves stop motion and prefers to draw with pencil and scan in. He also uses gimp.
    I would buy something eventually if i got really into animation, but I had a habit in the bast of buying expensive art supplies and then just going back to ball point pen and never using them so i wanna make sure animation is something i'm really interested in first

thanks for the tips, both of you!
    Last edited by RabbitWho; January 24th, 2011 at 03:44 PM.

Beans
    Distro

i am starting to do the same thing - i hae a program but i dont know the name of it. i will see what it si tonight its very easy to use - and it works great
    We specialize is custom work for all sports teams and any special event. we also do work for business store fronts as well as auto decals www.hometown-graphics.com http://s684.photobucket.com/albums/v...hicago%20LoCo/

Beans

You can try synfig really advanced and feature-rich.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

My wife and I made a short claymation video using OpenShot.
    Stephen : Graphic Designer | Atari fan | Opera user since 1997

Beans
    Distro

sorry for the late feedback but this is what we use - i have made a few small videos with this - i plan on making a larger one soon

http://www.nuxified.org/article/crea...ick_and_ffmpeg
    We specialize is custom work for all sports teams and any special event. we also do work for business store fronts as well as auto decals www.hometown-graphics.com http://s684.photobucket.com/albums/v...hicago%20LoCo/

Beans

Hi
    This is very nice useful information, thanks for in this informative.....

Kanyakumari Photos | Holiday Packages in India | Vivekananda rock memorial