Thread: devede error, needs mplayer

Beans

devede error, needs mplayer

I have mplayer and have searched for the solution but all the searches come back with update issues from 9.10. I'm using 10.10 and it's all up to date. I used devede for a few months and this error has come up in the last couple weeks. This weekend I reinstalled and besides a fresh install all that was added was geforce2 driver so I cannot help but think it has something to do with it, but I don't know where to start.

wojox is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans

Re: devede error, needs mplayer

Where did you install Devede from? What does this return:

Code:
    whereis mplayer

Beans

Thanks

installed from software center

Code:
     whereis mplayer
    mplayer: /usr/bin/mplayer /etc/mplayer /usr/share/mplayer /usr/share/man/man1/mplayer.1.gz

wojox is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans

I'm using 10.10 and have devede installed as well. All works fine here. I also have the medibuntu repo's enabled. Try adding those for extra codecs and packages:

Code:
    sudo wget http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/`lsb_release -cs`.list --output-document=/etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list; sudo apt-get -q update; sudo apt-get --yes -q --allow-unauthenticated install medibuntu-keyring; sudo apt-get -q update
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install non-free-codecs

Beans

thanks again

all installed, and nothing. still error, can't find the following programs, mplayer

Any suggestions of what to look for?

Beans

Reinstalled again, left out the nvidia drivers and just added devede. Works fine. Obviously a problem when adding the driver. Guess it's time for a new video card. Thanks for trying.