Thread: Tuxguitar and Rhythmbox

Beans

Tuxguitar and Rhythmbox

Hi, I really like the two programs Tuxguitar, and Rhythmbox. Tux guitar is a tablature editor, and Rhythmbox is an audio management program/audio player.

Sometimes, when reading tabs, I need to find out if something just isn't right, so I check by playing that part in Rhythmbox to see if the tab is correct. I used to be able to do this a few months ago. Then I upgraded to 11.04, and there were lots of changes with packages and stuff.

To be more specific, Whenever Tuxguitar is running, I'll try to play something in Rhythmbox, and the there will be no audio, and the "time progressed through the track" doesn't change. Sorry if that sounded confusing.

I would be very grateful if someone could tell me how to make it so that Rhythmbox and Tuxguitar can play at the same time.

Also, I remember that in the "Tools>Settings>Sound" options, I was using a "Realtime Sequencer" at a port which had "Gervill" in it. I don't have those options available for some reason, and I have no idea how to get it back.

Thanks for your time.
    AMD A8-3850 2.9GHZ, G. SKILL 8GB DDR3 RAM 1666Mhz, 60GB Mushkin SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, AMD Radeon HD6550D

Beans

Re: Tuxguitar and Rhythmbox

It turns out that all I really needed was to install a package which for some reason must have been uninstalled during my switch to 11.04. For anyone interested, or who is also having this problem, the package is "tuxguitar-jsa", and gives Tuxguitar access to Java's Sound API.

Issue's been fixed now.
    AMD A8-3850 2.9GHZ, G. SKILL 8GB DDR3 RAM 1666Mhz, 60GB Mushkin SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, AMD Radeon HD6550D