Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Networking my Ubuntu desktop, Mac Laptop, printer, and external HD

Beans

Re: Networking my Ubuntu desktop, Mac Laptop, printer, and external HD

Still not working...

For the Mac, it does not ask for a password. In the Finder, I click on Network, then lucas-desktop, then it says Connection Failed. There is a Connect As button, but pressing it only gives a message to check if the computer is connected.

For the printer, I followed your instructions. I assumed you did not mean for me to put the [i] and [/code] in the name. So the name is just lucas-desktop:631. I used the name of the printer based on what the desktop said which was "PSC-1500-series." After adding the printer and printing, the printer automatically pauses. When I unpause it, it just pauses again. If I put the print job on hold, then I can unpause the printer, but when I resume the print job, the printer immediately pauses again. Further, on the desktop, the printer queue doesn't show anything.

I alternatively tried including the [i] and [/code] in the name, using "PSC-1500" as the name, and a thread suggesting using another protocol besides IPP. None of these things helped. I also tried alternatively clicking the Share Printer button because it was not be default checked. Didn't work either way.

Any other suggestions?

Beans

Still not working...

For the Mac, it does not ask for a password. In the Finder, I click on Network, then lucas-desktop, then it says Connection Failed. There is a Connect As button, but pressing it only gives a message to check if the computer is connected.

For the printer, I followed your instructions. I assumed you did not mean for me to put the [i] and [/code] in the name. So the name is just lucas-desktop:631. I used the name of the printer based on what the desktop said which was "PSC-1500-series." After adding the printer and printing, the printer automatically pauses. When I unpause it, it just pauses again. If I put the print job on hold, then I can unpause the printer, but when I resume the print job, the printer immediately pauses again. Further, on the desktop, the printer queue doesn't show anything.

I alternatively tried including the [i] and [/code] in the name, using "PSC-1500" as the name, and a thread suggesting using another protocol besides IPP. None of these things helped. I also tried alternatively clicking the Share Printer button because it was not be default checked. Didn't work either way.

Any other suggestions?

Beans

Sigh, still not working...

Any other suggestions?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12