View Poll Results: If you were given an iPhone 4 would you run a seamless Android 2.3 Gingerbread on it?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

26 74.29%
  • no...

9 25.71%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Android 2.3 Gingerbread running on iPhone 4

Beans
    Hidden!

Lightbulb Android 2.3 Gingerbread running on iPhone 4

When this becomes seamlessly available to run smoothly, I would finally be interested in acquiring an iPhone 4 to run Android 2.3 Gingerbread on it.

This brings me to a curious hypothetical question:

If you were given an iPhone 4, would you run Android 2.3 Gingerbread on it, if it ran seamlessly?
    "Mind what you have learned. Save you it can." ~ Yoda

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Android 2.3 Gingerbread running on iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by HappinessNow View Post
    When this becomes seamlessly available to run smoothly, I would finally be interested in acquiring an iPhone 4 to run Android 2.3 Gingerbread on it.

This brings me to a curious hypothetical question:

If you were given an iPhone 4, would you run Android 2.3 Gingerbread on it, if it ran seamlessly?
    May be after 2012.
    Amor cuerdo, no es Amor.

Beans
    Hidden!

I have an iPhone 4. I might consider trying Android on it (given that it ran flawlessly), though IMO, part of the reason to get an iPhone is for iOS. If I want to use Android, I'll probably get a phone that comes with it.
    Code:
    while true; do echo -n "RiceMonster "; done
    Best thread ever

Beans

Probably would do, firstly for the novelty of just doing it and also because I prefer android.

After a while on my ipod touch (even after rooting) i ran out of new things to do with it. Much prefer android, being able to install apps from the web, flash player, relaxed market etc.

Also loving custom roms and huge levels of customisation (beyond wallpapers).
    For high-res minimalist and abstract wallpapers check out my Deviantart profile - http://hyperdude111.deviantart.com/

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Installing Android 2.3 on a iPhone is a simple and effective way to tether an iPad to the 3G data connection of an iPhone, as Android 2.2 or later has the ability to create a wireless hotspot using the 3G data connection.

Beans

is there reason to believe this is possible?

also: Android assumes four physical buttons near the display. Does the iPhone's one button become home, back, menu, or search?
    Semper Fi

My Non-Ubuntu Blog.
    All posts by me are Public Domain.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Since the iPhone 4's disk space is large enough, I'd dual boot iOS and Android. I'd use iOS as my primary OS for phone, SMS, and other apps, but use Android when I want to tinker and play with something.

Beans

To the point as intended by the OP: Sure, why not. It would be interesting.

To the point as a function of reality: It'll be a cold, cold day in h*** before it'll ever run properly. I would far rather have Android running on a device intended to run it. Oh, wait: I already do.

Beans

I would. I have an iPod Touch and i'm awating the day when I can run Android on it. If I wanted to run Android though, I wouldn't buy an iPhone.
    Arch x86_64 User / Windows 7 x64 Dual Boot | Nvidia Geforce GT 430 | AMD Phenom II X4 925 (2.8 Ghz, Quad Core) | 6 GB DDR2 RAM | 500 GB HD

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I'd continue to use my N900 because Nokia gives money back to Linux! Having an i-Anything says you support daddy Jobs. I refuse to support someone who wants to filter the software content I can have on my hardware.

~Jeff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast