Thread: Skype/ Pulse audio problems

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Skype/ Pulse audio problems

1) Is skype normally slow to load calls in linux? 2) sound mixer is not picking up input (mic line in OR internal mic) Its sad how to use skype I have to crawl back into M$'s clutches according to windows device manager (Ubuntu is in need of one) My sound card is IDT High definition Audio codec? (onboard) of course. Hopefully this can be fixed. I CAN FEEL M$ SUCKING ME INNN. HELP BEFORE ITS TOO LATTEE D:

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Skype/ Pulse audio problems

1) Don't know don't use Skype (it is still in Beta for Linux, maybe it will improve?)

2) Check your sound preferences specifically the input and output devices. I use a bluetooth headset and a lot of times I have to manually set it as the default device

Good luck

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by MSPdwalt View Post
    1) Don't know don't use Skype (it is still in Beta for Linux, maybe it will improve?)

2) Check your sound preferences specifically the input and output devices. I use a bluetooth headset and a lot of times I have to manually set it as the default device

Good luck
    Skype has "always" been Beta for Linux. At least since I started with Ubuntu a couple of years ago, but I don't think that will make any difference to usability.

It works.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

how many audo device are in your system including hdmi i had to disable my hdmi sound driver (snd_hda_codec_nvhdmi) to get all apps using the onboard sound
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post