Results 1 to 1 of 1

Thread: Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 218

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Beans
    10,285
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 218


    Welcome to the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, Issue 218 for the month of December 2010.

    In This Issue

    • Announcing the next Ubuntu User Days Event
    • Results from the December 17th Americas Membership Board meeting
    • Results from the December Asia-Oceania Membership Board meeting
    • Welcome new Edubuntu members and an Edubuntu Developer
    • Announcing Ubuntu IRC Membership
    • Natty Alpha 1 Released
    • Ubuntu Stats
    • LoCo News
    • Launchpad News
    • Caching Ubuntu Package Downloads
    • Sound Indicator news and updates
    • Natty Translations Plans I-III
    • Ubuntu Screencasts: How To Sign the Ubuntu Code of Conduct
    • Working together to get Unity ready for Natty
    • Project Unity L10N
    • Unity Bitesize Progress Report for 20 December
    • Checking in with the Artwork Team
    • No More PS3 CD Builds for Natty
    • Paul Tagliamonte's "Myth Busted" Series
    • Ubuntu Translations Interviews: André Gondim (Brazilian Portuguese Translation Team)
    • AskUbuntu reaches 5000 questions - 11000 answers - 7000 users - 50000 votes
    • Ubuntu Cloud Screencasts
    • Design Museum exhibition London
    • Full Circle Magazine - Issue #44
    • Full Circle Magazine - Issue #43
    • Featured Podcasts
    • Weekly Ubuntu Development Team Meetings
    • Monthly Team Reports: October 2010
    • Monthly Team Reports: November 2010
    • Upcoming Meetings and Events
    • Updates and Security for 6.06, 8.04, 9.10, 10.04 and 10.10 in December
    • And Much Much More


    General Community News

    Announcing the next Ubuntu User Days Event

    We are pleased to announce that the next Ubuntu User Days (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UserDays) event is scheduled to take place from Saturday January 29th 2011, 09:45 UTC until Sunday January 30th 2011, 03:00 UTC. To quote the wiki page, "User Days was created to be a set of courses offered during a one day period to teach the beginning or intermediate Ubuntu user the basics to get them started with Ubuntu". Logs (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UserDaysTeam/lucid) from the last Ubuntu User Days event are also available for anyone who might be interested.

    In order for this event to be a success, we need lots of help leading sessions. To volunteer to lead a session, you can contact a member of the Ubuntu User Days Team (https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-user-days/+members) by sending an email to theubuntu-classroom at lists.ubuntu.com mailing list or on IRC by stopping by #ubuntu-classroom-backstage on irc.freenode.net. If you are unsure of a topic for your session, you can use the Course Suggestions wiki page (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UserDaysTeam/CourseSuggestions) as a reference. Please be sure to pass this information along to any of your friends who might be interested in either participating or leading a session.

    http://ubuntuclassroom.wordpress.com/?p=187
    https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ub...er/000258.html

    Results from the December 17th Americas Membership Board meeting

    The approval results from the December 17th Americas Membership meeting are as follows:

    Jason Gerard DeRose
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JasonGerardDerose | https://launchpad.net/~jderose

    Jason is the lead developer of Novacut Distributed Video Editor, with which he seeks to make Ubuntu premier platform for professional video production. He helped shoot the HD video and led a session on Distributed Media Library at UDS-N. He has been a Debian user since 2000 and started using Ubuntu around the 3rd release, he was also an early adopter of launchpad and bzr for project management.

    Congratulations and welcome to this new member!

    https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ub...er/001225.html

    Results from the December Asia-Oceania Membership Board meeting

    Adnan Quaium has achieved membership at tonight's Asia-Oceania RMB meeting: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/maqtanim

    https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ub...er/001223.html

    Welcome new Edubuntu members and an Edubuntu Developer

    We welcome the following Edubuntu members. They are both existing Ubuntu members who have been involved in Edubuntu and have recently applied for membership:

    Belinda Lopez: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelindaLopez
    Michael Hall: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/mhall119

    Michael Hall also applied for edubuntu-dev status, which allows uploading to the Edubuntu package set. Michael received 4 votes in favour and is now an official Edubuntu Developer.

    Thanks to both members for their involvment and we look forward to their continued contributions!

    https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ed...er/003666.html

    Announcing Ubuntu Cloud Portal

    Located at cloud.ubuntu.com, the Ubuntu Cloud Portal "helps new-comers to the Ubuntu cloud community quickly find interesting information they may care about such as documentation to read/edit, projects that may interest them and so on. In this first release the following is available."

    http://foss-boss.blogspot.com/2010/1...ud-portal.html

    Announcing Ubuntu IRC Membership

    I am pleased to announce that the Ubuntu IRC Council is now ready to start accepting applications for Ubuntu IRC Membership (https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-irc-members). The Ubuntu IRC Members team represents the people who have made a significant contribution to Ubuntu through the IRC medium. Applications to join this team are done through a process (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IRC/Membersh...%20application) very similar to what you might go through (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership#P...g%20Membership) to acquire membership from any other board or council in the community.

    Please remember, Ubuntu IRC Membership is a way for people to acquire Ubuntu Membership for IRC contributions. Some examples of what these might include are available on the wiki (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IRC/Membersh...0Contributions). For more general contributions, you should apply through a Regional Membership Board (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership/RegionalBoards).

    By becoming an Ubuntu IRC Member, you gain all of the benefits (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership#B...f%20Membership) granted by normal Ubuntu Membership as well as the privilege of voting in various polls of the Ubuntu IRC community by becoming a member of the ~ubuntu-irc-members team on Launchpad. This includes voting for members of the Ubuntu IRC Council.

    If you have any questions about Ubuntu IRC Membership, please feel free to contact a member of the Ubuntu IRC Council (https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-irc-council).

    https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ub...er/001174.html

    Natty Alpha 1 Released

    Alpha 1 is the first in a series of milestone CD images that will be released throughout the Natty development cycle. The Alpha images are known to be reasonably free of showstopper CD build or installer bugs, while representing a very recent snapshot of Natty. You can download it here:



    Additional ISOs and torrents are also available.

    https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ub...er/000793.html

    Ubuntu Stats

    Bug Stats

    • Open (80366) -4860 over last week
    • Critical (51) +15 over last week
    • Unconfirmed (45051) +1903 over last week


    * Open (80961) -4265 over last week
    * Open (81824) -3402 over last week
    * Open (82861) -2365 over last week
    * Open (84176) -1050 over last week
    * Open (84815) -411 over last week
    * Open (85482) +256 over last week
    * Open (85571) +345 over last week

    As always, the Bug Squad needs more help. If you want to get started, please see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BugSquad

    Translation Stats Lucid

    1. English (UK) (0) -5415 over last week
    2. Spanish (7572) -2179 over last week
    3. Brazilian Portuguese (28557) -2546 over last week
    4. French (36114) -5231 over last week
    5. Turkish (44680) -7755 over last week

    1. English (UK) (0) -5415 over last week
    1. English (UK) (2) -5413 over last week
    1. English (UK) (0) -5415 over last week
    1. English (UK) (1) -5414 over last week
    1. English (UK) (1) -5414 over last week
    1. English (UK) (1) -5414 over last week
    1. English (UK) (1) -5414 over last week
    Remaining strings to translate in Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick Meerkat", see more at: https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/maverick/

    Ubuntu Brainstorm Top 5 this week





    Ubuntu Brainstorm is a community site geared toward letting you add your ideas for Ubuntu. You can submit your own idea, or vote for or against another idea. http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/

    LoCo News

    6th National Conference on Free Software in Tunisia

    In a series of posts, Nizar Kerkeni discusses the National Conference on Open Source Software in Tunisia on December 15th 2010. His posts also include photos and videos of the event.

    Tunisian LoCo meeting with Mark Shuttleworth: http://blog.nizarus.org/2010/12/tuni...k-shuttleworth
    Photos of the National Conference on Open Source Software in Tunisia: http://blog.nizarus.org/2010/12/phot...are-in-tunisia
    Mark Shuttleworth opening keynote: http://blog.nizarus.org/2010/12/mark...pening-keynote
    Badges: http://blog.nizarus.org/2010/12/badges

    Ubuntu-California.org Launched!

    Elizabeth Krumbach, one of the leadership trio of the Ubuntu California team, talks about the process of creation and launch of the team's new website and ideas for additional components that the team wants to include moving forward.

    http://princessleia.com/journal/?p=3829

    Launchpad News

    Removing team polls

    The Launchpad team announces the removal of team polls, citing problematic user interface and feature set, and lack of popularity (only 500 polls since inception in 2006).

    http://blog.launchpad.net/?p=1860

    Changing how we track Launchpad’s bugs, questions and blueprints

    From today, all Launchpad bugs, code, questions and blueprints are tracked under the onelaunchpad project.

    We’ve already moved everything from the individual projects over to the parent launchpadproject. All you need do differently is search/file bugs, questions and blueprints under thatparent Launchpad project, rather than Rosetta, for example.

    Don’t worry, though, there are redirects in place so that old links will still work.

    There are also a couple of one-time steps you may need to take:

    • Update your bug subscriptions: if you’re subscribed to individual bugs, you need do nothing. If you’re subscribed to all bugs for a particular project, Malone for example, you’ll now need to subscribe to all Launchpad bugs.
    • Check your answer contact status: if you’re an answer contact for one particular application in Launchpad, and want to continue as such, you’ll need to become an answer contact for all of Launchpad.


    To start with, bugs that we’ve merged in from one of the old sub-projects will have a tag that shows which project it came from. However, we’re planning to drop those tags once everyone’s settled into using just the one project.

    Our code hosting won’t change at all as we’ve always hosted code under the parent Launchpad project.

    This new approach will better reflect that Launchpad is one codebase but will also have a big practical benefit: it’ll be easier to find bugs and dupes because everything will be under the same project.

    For more, including rationale, read the rest at: http://blog.launchpad.net/?p=1863

    The Planet

    Caching Ubuntu Package Downloads

    Alan Pope has a new server and a household with several Ubuntu systems. In addition to keeping these all updated, in the course of testing he is required to re-download the same packages as he tests different install methods. He discusses his use of the squid-deb-proxy package to cache Ubuntu package downloads, speeding up testing and putting less stress on the repositories.

    http://popey.com/blog/?p=1314

    Sound Indicator news and updates

    In a guest post by Conor Curran on Jorge Castro's blog, he discusses his role as Sound Architect on the DX team within Canonical, and the future of the Indicator Sound, the indicator which sits on the top panel of the Ubuntu desktop.

    http://castrojo.tumblr.com/post/2420040342

    Natty Translations Plans I-III

    David Planella has written a series of posts discussing the progress of the translations plans in Natty.

    In the first he talks about the launch of Translations Stories where they'd "like to show how translations change people’s lives for the best, and how the work of translators has an impact on that. We’d like to share our excitement and highlight the awesome work translators do, and we thought that articles with translations stories would be the perfect vehicle for that."

    He also discusses the steps you can take to contribute.

    http://davidplanella.wordpress.com/?p=645

    In the second he announces Translations Training Sessions. They wish to hold "a series of regular events where translators can just attend and learn, in a hands-on way, all the different aspects of translating our favourite distro. There, they should also be able to ask their questions and discuss any topics related to translations. Another goal is to also provide material for all teams to adapt and reuse for their own training events for new translators"

    http://davidplanella.wordpress.com/?p=810

    In the third he announces the the Ubuntu Translations Portal inital test deployment. "The idea behind the portal is to aggregate all existing content and to be the main entry point to the translations community for new contributors, providing them answers, inspiration and excitement. For experienced translators it will be a central point for resources and news about translating Ubuntu."

    His post gives step by step instructions on how to contribute.

    http://davidplanella.wordpress.com/?p=832

    Ubuntu Screencasts: How To Sign the Ubuntu Code of Conduct

    The Ubuntu Screencasts team has released their latest screen cast - this time walking users through how to sign the Ubuntu Code of Conduct.

    "This screencast goes through the steps of signing the Ubuntu Code of Conduct. This is often some ones first time to use a key, so this screencast will take you through the whole process from creating the PGP Key to signing the Ubuntu Code of Conduct."

    http://screencasts.ubuntu.com/2010/12/22/004-SigningCoC

    Working together to get Unity ready for Natty

    Jono Bacon has been working hard to make the transition to Unity a smooth, painless and providing the best user experience possible. He highlights some of the great work that has already been done within the community and explains how you can help out with bug fixing, testing, design and translations.

    http://www.jonobacon.org/?p=3151

    Project Unity L10N

    David Planella reports that Unity is available in more than 60 languages, but there are about 150 translation teams, in this post he explains how you can contribute to translations in your own language.

    http://davidplanella.wordpress.com/?p=822

    Unity Bitesize Progress Report for 20 December

    Jorge Castro introduces contributor Stefano Candori, talks about some of the most interesting "bitesize" Unity bugs and explains how you can get involved fixing bitesize bugs.

    http://castrojo.tumblr.com/post/2392757965

    Also check out more Unity progress reports on Jorge's blog
    Unity Status Report for 14 December: http://castrojo.tumblr.com/post/2312609745
    Unity Bitesize Bug Report for 7 December: http://castrojo.tumblr.com/post/2134565731
    Getting Started working on Unity: http://castrojo.tumblr.com/post/2084859426

    Checking in with the Artwork Team

    John Baer showcases some of the exceptional Edubuntu desktop wallpaper submissions.

    http://www.projblog.com/?p=2384

    No More PS3 CD Builds for Natty

    Amber Graner writes that in a post to the ubuntu-devel-announce list, Ubuntu developer Colin Watson announced that the daily PlayStation 3 CD builds have ceased. Reasons cited included changes by Sony which make it more difficult to run Ubuntu on newer systems and lack of developers to keep up with having the builds working properly.

    http://www.ubuntu-user.com/content/view/full/1621

    Paul Tagliamonte's "Myth Busted" Series

    Paul Tagliamonte has written a series of blog entries he calls "Myth Busted" to highlight some of the myths surrounding Ubuntu and the Ubuntu community.

    Myth Busted #1: Ubuntu Hackers are Canonical Employees: http://blog.pault.ag/post/2060855360
    Myth Busted #2: You need to program to contribute to Ubuntu: http://blog.pault.ag/post/2063914269
    Myth Busted #3: Unity is “Lock-in”: http://blog.pault.ag/post/2082819050
    Myth Busted #4: By pandering to non-technical users, they will not give back: http://blog.pault.ag/post/2092032342
    Myth Busted #5: Ubuntu is linux, linux is all white text on a black screen, don’t give me that! http://blog.pault.ag/post/2109223148
    Myth Busted #6: Ubuntu is only for n00bs and not for serious linux users ( n00buntu ): http://blog.pault.ag/post/2338202559

    Ubuntu Translations Interviews: André Gondim (Brazilian Portuguese Translation Team)

    As a part of the Ubuntu Translations Interviews, this interview features André Gondim, the Brazilian Portuguese translation team coordinator.

    http://ubuntu-news.org/?p=3209

    AskUbuntu reaches 5000 questions - 11000 answers - 7000 users - 50000 votes

    Ralph Janke reports on the success of AskUbuntu.com and offers the following statistics as of December 15th:

    • # of questions: 5028
    • # of answers: 11836
    • # of comments: 17886
    • # of votes: 50577
    • # of badges: 11526
    • # of users: 7349


    http://drupal.txwikinger.me.uk/conte...rs-50000-votes

    Ubuntu Cloud Screencasts

    On November 22nd Ahmed Kamal announced that they were looking for volunteers to help create a series of Ubuntu Cloud Screencasts.

    http://foss-boss.blogspot.com/2010/1...olunteers.html

    There are now 3 such screencasts available at http://www.youtube.com/user/ubuntucloud

    Ubuntu Server in Amazon EC2 Cloud: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYJLIfVuSMY

    Introducing Ubuntu Cloud Portal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QU68TrGXMU

    Ubuntu Cloud-Init Technology: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zL3BdbKyGY

    In Other News

    Design Museum exhibition London

    Design Museum London has asked Bruno Maag from Dalton Maag, the firm which designed the new Ubuntu font to put on an exhibition of his work. In collaboration with the Canonical design team, "the exhibition will be in two parts a substantial part of which will be featuring the Ubuntu font."

    http://design.canonical.com/?p=16079

    Full Circle Magazine - Issue #44

    Full Circle - the independent magazine for the Ubuntu Linux community are proud to announce the release of our forty-fourth issue.

    This month:
    • Command and Conquer.
    • How-To : Program in Python - Part 18, Backup With Wubi and Link Shortening with Phurl.
    • Review - Unetbootin.
    • Top 5 - BitTorrent Clients.


    plus: Interviews, Ubuntu Games, My Opinion, My Story, and much much more!

    Get it while it's hot! http://fullcirclemagazine.org/issue-44/

    Full Circle Magazine - Issue #43

    Full Circle - the independent magazine for the Ubuntu Linux community are proud to announce the release of our forty-third issue.

    This month:
    • Command and Conquer.
    • How-To : Program in Python - Part 17, Virtualize Part 6 - Debian & Xen, and Editing Photos With Raw Therapee.
    • Review - Conky & Untangle.
    • Top 5 - Backup Ideas.
    • Readers Survey 2010 Comments & Replies!


    plus: Interviews, Ubuntu Games, My Opinion, My Story, and much much more!

    Get it while it's hot! http://fullcirclemagazine.org/issue-43/

    Featured Podcasts

    Ubuntu UK Podcast: S03E23 – Departure of a Grand Old Man

    Laura Cowen, Ciemon Dunville, Mark Johnson, Alan Pope and Tony Whitmore get together for the last episode of season 3 of the Ubuntu Podcast from the UK LoCo Team!

    * OGG download High:
    http://podcast.ubuntu-uk.org/downloa...03e23_high.ogg
    * OGG download Low:
    http://podcast.ubuntu-uk.org/downloa...s03e23_low.ogg
    * MP3 download High:
    http://podcast.ubuntu-uk.org/downloa...03e23_high.mp3
    * MP3 download Low:
    http://podcast.ubuntu-uk.org/downloa...s03e23_low.mp3

    In this week’s show:-
    • We talk about what we’ve been doing including playing with Diaspora, desktop coding with QT Quick, changing passwords after the Gawker hack, taking the ITIL exam, having characters in Doctor Who The Four Doctors named after us and geeking out with MQTT.
    • We review our predictions for 2010 from last year, and make new ones for the year ahead.
    • In the News
    • Command Line Love – Check status of Ubuntu One file transfers
    • The Ubuntu UK Podcast Players perform a special version of “Jack and the Beanstalk”.
    • We mention some Ubuntu related news in the Gerald/bit-about-Ubuntu/ecosphere:-
    • Finally we have your feedback


    http://podcast.ubuntu-uk.org/?p=1805

    Full Circle Podcast 14: NFC – Nantucket Fried Chicken

    In this episode, Narwhals, Wayland and… I almost forgot, Amnesia. With hosts Robin Catling, Ed Hewitt and Dave Wilkins.

    OGG: http://fullcirclemagazine.org/podpre...p14_181210.ogg
    MP3: http://fullcirclemagazine.org/podpre...p14_181210.mp3

    http://fullcirclemagazine.org/?p=1117

    Ubuntu Development with Daniel Holbach ustream.tv Launches

    On November 24th Daniel Holbach announced the launch of a series of ustream videos he'd be doing about Ubuntu Development.

    http://daniel.holba.ch/blog/?p=823

    The past vidoes are now available for viewing, stay tuned for more!

    Ubuntu Development: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/11079901
    Getting Set Up: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/11339458

    Ubuntu Translations with David Planella ustream.tv Launches

    David Planella has launched a ustream.tv series covering translations, he says " I'll be talking about how Ubuntu is translated, how translation teams work, and whatever else time allows. On later shows I'll focus in more detail on particular subjects (upstreams, best practices, etc. – I'll also take requests!)."

    http://davidplanella.wordpress.com/?p=692

    The past vidoes are now available for viewing, stay tuned for more!

    First Ubuntu Translations Videocast: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/11209840
    First Steps Translating Ubuntu: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/11466931

    Weekly Ubuntu Development Team Meetings



    Monthly Team Reports: October 2010

    Ubuntu Governance

    ==== Americas Regional Membership Board ====

    The approval results from the October 21st Americas Membership meeting are as follows:



    ==== Developer Membership Board ====

    Developer Membership Board meeting 2010-10-11 19:00 UTC

    • Chair: Michael Bienia


    • Present: Cody A.W. Somerville, Colin Watson, Stéphane Graber, Soren Hansen


    • Absent: Emmet Hikory


    • Action review:


    • [ACTION] Cody Somerville to send e-mail requesting feedback from developers on Marco Rodrigues application to participate in Ubuntu Development. (→ Didn't happen yet.)


    • Administrative Matters


    • Review Marco Rodrigues participation in Ubuntu Development


    Further discussion on how to proceed with Marco's request.

    Deferred without any decision to the next meeting.

    • MOTU Applications




    Approved: 5 for, 0 against, 0 abstained.

    • Next meeting


    • Date: October 25th 2010, 12:00 UTC


    • Chair: TBD


    Meeting Log (http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2010/10/11...u-meeting.html)

    ==== IRC Council ====



    • Attendance: nhandler (chair), Seeker, jussi, topyli, tsimpson, rww, Tm_T, ikonia, IdleOne


    • [TOPIC] -offtopic 'support' discussion policy


    • Agreed to defer discussion about the policy until the next meeting due to Pici not being around


    • [TOPIC] All core channel ops should have +o in -ops


    • Agree to treat #ubuntu-ops like other core channels in need of more OPs at least until core-ops are setup


    • It was felt that midnight to 9am UK time is the general area needing more OPs


    • nhandler to send out email about recruiting OPs for #ubuntu-ops


    • [TOPIC] Copying access list of #ubuntu to #ubuntu+1


    • Agreed that being an #ubuntu operator also grants operator access in #ubuntu+1


    • tsimpson to document change on the OP application wiki page, send email to ML, update access lists, and update teams on LP


    • nhandler to do post-meeting tasks


    • IRC Council meeting 31 Oct 2010


    • Attendance: topyli (chair), nhandler, Pici, tsimpson


    • TOPIC: Failure to document blanket ban policy


    • ACTION: Pici to document ikonia's namespace ban proposal


    • TOPIC: Failure to respond / follow up on pending actions


    • Discussed delegation, mailing list responsiveness, and related items. Council admits slowness.


    • TOPIC: High level council overviews


    • Discussed current council's activity


    • Pointed out the Team Reports exist


    • TOPIC: Discussion about approved/non-approved shell hosts access to Ubuntu channels (revisit)


    • ACTION: topyli to send formal agreement to ikonia's suggestion on mailing list


    • TOPIC: Clearing the ban list


    • Decided to clear all old bans without comments on them, giving ops a week's grace time to document important bans


    • ACTION: nhandler to send mail about the sweep


    ==== LoCo Council ====

    • We had a LoCo Council meeting on October 19th. Topics discussed:


    • UDS-M Blueprint


    • Sit down one night next week at UDS via skype/gobby and spend 2 hours getting UDS-M bp all done


    • UDS-N Blueprint




    • LoCo Team {re}approvals


    • Ubuntu-NI - Re-approved


    • Ubuntu-US-CO - Re-approved


    • Ubuntu-US-OH - Re-approved


    ==== Technical Board ====

    • Meeting 2010-10-05


    • Chair: Colin Watson


    • Present: Kees Cook, Matt Zimmerman, Martin Pitt


    • Apologies: Mark Shuttleworth


    • Guests: Michael Vogt, Jamie Strandboge


    • Action review


    • Martin Pitt to ask Martin Pool about bzr self test instructions on installed system -- DONE


    • Kees to add bzr selftest to qa-regression-testing project -- DONE


    • Martin to add bzr microrelease exception to StableReleasePolicy -- DONE


    • Decide/document ubuntu-archive interaction with ARB packages


    • Michael Vogt confirmed that extras.ubuntu.com is a mirror of a PPA owned by the ARB, which means that ubuntu-archive will have no direct interaction with it as it stands.


    • [ACTION] Colin to ensure that documentation on nature of extras.ubuntu.com archive makes it into process docs, and ensure that ARB legality checks are synchronised with those of ubuntu-archive


    • Decide on permission changes documented in Bug: 174375 - Matt Zimmerman


    • The TB voted in favour of Brian's proposal.


    • Martin noted that bug targeting needs to be more open than just release managers (Brian's proposal asks that it shouldn't exclude uploaders). There was no disagreement. The main goal here is to separate the blueprint and bug permissions currently aggregated into ubuntu-drivers.


    • [ACTION] Matt to follow up with Brian on Bug: 174375


    • Chromium security updates (continuation of previous discussion)


    • General consensus seems to be that we can drop the seven-day waiting period on promotion to -updates for chromium-browser, but should not drop -proposed and some kind of verification.


    • While this still seems too immature for main, the security team will need to treat it essentially like the non-free Flash plugin: it's universe and therefore theoretically unsupported by the security team, but in practice we know lots of people use it and act accordingly, running updates through all the usual checklists. Regressions on individual web pages and such won't merit a USN, though.


    • Jamie says that qa-regression-testing has a semi-automatic script which should catch any huge issues here.


    • The board is currently awaiting a proposal from the principal uploader, Fabien Tassin, and a formal vote will wait for that.


    • No new community bugs to look at


    • Next chair: Kees Cook


    Ubuntu Development Teams

    ==== Kubuntu Team ====

    ===== Development =====



    • First of several Efika MX Smarttop systems (armel), donated through powerdeveloper.org, for Kubuntu development is operational and available to kubuntu-dev for porting work.


    ===== Packaging =====









    ===== Community =====



    • Many team members attended UDS (http://summit.ubuntu.com/): Riddell, ScottK, Apachelogger, Shadeslayer, Rbelem, Maco, agateau, mgraesslin, darkwingduck, Persia, Jussi, Valorie, and from Qt, Thiago, Densi, Zeno from 25-29 October, in Orlando, Florida. Our sessions were well-attended and productive: Proceedings (https://wiki.kubuntu.org/UDSProceedings/N)




    • Shadeslayer and Agateau gave well-received lightning talks.


    ==== Xubuntu Team ====

    ===== Bug Triage =====

    • Still squashing bugs. This will be an on-going process.


    ===== Packaging, Development, & Testing =====

    • We tested Maverick Meerkat Release Candidate with good results.


    • We released Xubuntu 10.10 on time.


    • Inclusion of Xfce 4.7.x (future 4.8) is being worked on in natty.


    ===== Website & Marketing =====



    ===== Artwork =====

    • We still need a good plymouth theme.


    • Charlie is working with the Ubuntu Artwork Team to draw a specification for xubuntu artwork in Natty Narwhal.


    ===== Community =====

    • We are striving to get more users to blog about Xubuntu. We would like to keep word out of the changes being made, as well as new releases.


    • We are attempting to submit new articles to Ubuntu Weekly News at least once a month about Xubuntu.


    ===== Documentation =====



    ==== Ubuntu Studio ====

    • Ubuntu Studio Maverick Meerkat 10.10 released, mirth and frivolity ensued




    • moderating package selection (i.e. adding and removing packages)






    • additional metapackages might be created for finer installation control of audio apps


    • eliminate duplicate functionality (i.e. remove LADSPA plugins if the same plugins are available in LV2 format)


    • Art development


    • plymouth theme


    • Website Update


    • fleshing out audience


    • developing purpose for audience


    • identifying components for various page


    • evaluating mock-ups


    • Began to assign team positions


    • testing lead/contact/liaison - rlamerio


    • IRC user support - holstein


    • Kernel development


    • working with Ubuntu Kernel Team to get -lowlatency kernel into archives




    Ubuntu LoCo Teams

    ==== Asturian Team ====













    ==== Belgian Team ====

    • October 1st: finished our first ever Team report (for September)










    • Further work has been done on the drupal module that integrates our support points map (http://ubuntu-be.org/nl/supporters) into the Drupal-based site (no map yet, but that's being worked on, and the data backend is there)


    • The new site layout based on the new Ubuntu branding is being tested on the "staging" server now.


    • Preparing for demo/talk @ Zeus computer club of UGent (Ghent University).


    ==== Canadian Team ====

    • Ubuntu Hours in Waterloo, ON (Oct. 6) and Ottawa, ON (Oct. 14)


    • Maverick Meerkat release parties!


    • Ottawa, 10-10-10 at 10:10am.


    • Kitchener-Waterloo, Oct. 16


    • Toronto, Oct. 17






    ==== Catalan Team ====



    • October 7th: visit to the Maverick release party venue to plan for the event: http://ctug.cat/


    • October 10th: announce for inscriptions to Maverick release party.






    ==== French Team ====

    • October 2nd - Premier Samedi (http://www.premier-samedi.org/) in Paris. This is a multi-distribution small install fest where around 60 people come to get help configuring and installing their Linux system.




    • October 4th - weekly ubuntu-fr-webteam meeting






    • October 11th - weekly ubuntu-fr-webteam meeting




    • October 18th - weekly ubuntu-fr-webteam meeting


    • October 18th and 19th - Working session on packaging Ubuntu French Edition CD for shipment




    • October 25th - weekly ubuntu-fr-webteam meeting






    ==== Greek Team ====





    • Addition of some more translations to team's wiki, translators busy both in lp and upstream, attempt begun to get closer to 100%.


    • Community members participate in Ubuntu manual project.




    • ChaniaLUG (in Crete) organised a party 30/10, 14 members attended, had fun with food and drink and distribution of 10.10 CDs


    ==== Hungarian Team ====





    • Maverick Meerkat Release Party after the LOK on October 16


    • Three new learning modules have been added to the Hungarian Ubuntu Education Portal (OpenOffice.org Writer, OpenOffice.org Calc, Operating System Basics): edu.ubuntu.hu (http://edu.ubuntu.hu)


    • The number of registered users on ubuntu.hu has surpassed 19200






    • We did various translation-related tasks


    ==== Ubuntu Ireland ====





    *On Wednesday 27th of October the Dublin Ubuntu the Dublin (http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/506/detail/) took place at the new time of 19:00 in the Trinity Capital Hotel.

    *On Thursday 28th of October the Limerick (http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/507/detail/)Ubuntu Hour took place in the Absolute Hotel at 18:00.

    • A member of our loco, czajkowski headed off to UDS-N


    ==== Ubuntu Israel ====

    • We are going to unite the DB from the old and new forums.


    • We are going to keep our cooperation with the Ilan Ramon center to help them with ubuntu and more stuff.


    • We got a donation of 100 shekels (about 20 EURO).


    ==== Japanese Team ====

    • We released Ubuntu 10.10 Japanese Remix on 16th October.




    • Team members, Fumihito Yoshida and Ikuya Awashiro wrote articles that features Ubuntu 10.10 for the November issue of Software Design.




    ==== Nicaraguan Team ====

    • 03 Oct:




    • 05 Oct:




    • 17 Oct:




    ==== Serbian Team ====

    • October 3rd: Regular Team meeting on IRC




    • Oktober 10th: Ubuntu LoCo team participate in BlogOpen festival, Novi Sad, Serbia Link: HERE (http://www.blogopen.rs/)




    • October 23rd : Future collaboration with LUGoNS (Linux User Group of Novi Sad) detailed and improved.


    • October month : Further work on translation of Ubuntu Manual continued, less then 150 lines left to go.


    ==== South African Ubuntu team ====











    ==== Ubuntu Tunisian LoCo Team ====

    • Participation and organisation of the "Ubuntu Day" at the Institute of Computer Science and Mathematics of Monastir.








    ==== Ubuntu United Kingdom LoCo Team ====



    • UDS was attended by a number of members in person and through remote participation


    • Work has started on a new team website following the refreshed Ubuntu branding


    • Launch parties for Maverick were held around the country


    • 2 Episodes of UUPC






    ==== United States Teams ====

    ===== Ubuntu California =====

    Team meetings:





    Team changes:



    • Oct 6: In accordance with proper naming policy, moved channel from #ubuntu-california to #ubuntu-us-ca and had appropriate redirects put in place














    Release parties:









    Ubuntu Hours:









    Other events:

    • Oct 9: Silicon Valley CodeCamp: Beginning Ubuntu GNU/Linux Development






    • Oct 24: East Bay Maker Faire






    • Oct 28: Lighting the Maverick LAMP with Ubuntu 10.10






    ===== Ubuntu Chicago LoCo Team =====

    • Held our regular monthly meeting on 2010-10-04




    ===== Florida LoCo Team =====















    ===== New York State Team =====

    .:Events:.

    • 2010 10 23 12pm - 4pm cws, deejoe and cprofitt will co-sponsor a Linux Workshop with Interlock Rochester


    • 2010 10 25 through 30 - cprofitt attended UDS


    .:Meetings:.

    .:Other:.

    ===== Virginia Team =====



    • Ubuntu Open Week Activity Oct 15, 2010




    • Remote participation in Ubuntu Developer Summit


    • Ubuntu Hour




    Additional Ubuntu Teams

    ==== Ubuntu Accessibility Team ====

    • Work continues on the Persona project


    • Accessibility of Unity and the Ubuntu desktop is a key theme at UDS








    ==== Ubuntu Classroom Team ====

    • Classes held:
















    ==== Ubuntu Women Team ====

    • Held 2 Ubuntu Women Sessions during UDS






    • Of the 623 Ubuntu Members at the end of this month 4.98% are women


    Monthly Team Reports: November 2010

    Ubuntu Governance

    ==== Americas Regional Membership Board ====

    No applicants were present at the meeting on 2010-11-18

    ==== Developer Membership Board ====

    Developer Membership Board meeting 2010-11-08 19:00 UTC

    • Chair: Stéphane Graber


    • Present: Benjamin Drung, Cody Somerville, Colin Watson, Emmet Hikory, Michael Bienia


    • Absent: Soren Hansen


    • Action review:


    • Administrative Matters


    • Review Marco Rodrigues participation in Ubuntu Development


    • [ACTION] persia to ask the CC for assistance regarding Marco's request for unban


    • PerPackageUploader Applications




    • Adding upload rights to haildb


    • Approved: 6 for, 0 against. 0 abstained.


    • MOTU Applications




    • Approved: 6 for, 0 against, 0 abstained.


    • Next meeting


    • Date: November 22nd 2010, 12:00 UTC


    • Chair: Emmet Hikory


    Meeting Log (http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2010/10/11...u-meeting.html)

    ==== IRC Council ====

    • Team Report


    • Locobots replaced with Ubuntulog (in conjunction with LC and canonical sysadmins)


    • Finalised Member approval process and sent to CC for approval


    • Call for new ops for #ubuntu, #ubuntu-offtopic and #ubuntu-ops


    • Call for IRCC nominations


    • Removal of bans without comments


    • Reviewed and worked on shell host ban draft document (not yet completed)


    • Liased with freenode about ways to improve the network (continuing work)


    • Bantracker access added for #ubuntu-women ops


    • 2 Escalated items


    • Meeting Minutes


    • Meeting, 13th November 2010


    • Meeting cancelled because of lack of quorum.


    • Meeting, 28th November 2010




    • TOPIC: -offtopic 'support' discussion policy


    • ACTION: Pici to write a proposal for offtopic support and mail to the list for comments


    • TOPIC: Ubuntu IRC name space over crowded and managed to different standards beyond that of the Ubuntu IRC principles.


    • ACTION received: ikonia to draft a set of basic guidelines for channel creation




    • VOTE: clarify the process for op applications and remove the wiki page requirement.


    • RESULT: 4 for, 0 against, 0 abstained. Total: 4


    • TOPIC: Creation of a #ubuntu-ops-backstage channel.


    • AGREED received: Take this proposal to the ubuntu-irc list


    ==== LoCo Council ====

    • We had a LoCo Council meeting on November 16th. Topics discussed:


    • LoCo Team {re}approvals


    • Ubuntu-SE - not approved


    • Ubuntu-VN - not approved


    ==== Technical Board ====

    • Meeting 2010-11-02


    • Chair: Kees Cook


    • Present: Martin Pitt, Matt Zimmerman, Colin Watson, Mark Shuttleworth


    • Apologies: Scott James Remnant


    • Guests: Emmet Hikory


    • Action review


    • Colin to ensure that documentation on nature of extras.ubuntu.com archive makes it into process docs, and ensure that ARB legality checks are synchronised with those of ubuntu-archive. carry over


    • Matt to follow up with Brian on 174375 DONE


    • Dynamic "per package upload permissions" for Debian Developers


    • Supported in theory, formal proposal desired, since the details will be the hard part.


    • Micro release exception request for Chromium


    • Approved and documented.


    • Quarterly Brainstorm review


    • [ACTION] Matt to write up Quarterly Brainstorm review and send to TB mailing list.


    • TB meeting moved to 1500 UTC


    • Next chair: sabdfl


    • Meeting 2010-11-16


    • Chair: Martin Pitt


    • Present: Colin Watson, Kees Cook, Scott James Remnant


    • Guests: Scott Kitterman, Allison Randall, John Lenton, Eric Casteleijn


    • Action review


    • Colin to ensure that documentation on nature of extras.ubuntu.com archive makes it into process docs, and ensure that ARB legality checks are synchronised with those of ubuntu-archive. DONE


    • Matt to write up Quarterly Brainstorm review and send to TB mailing list. DONE


    • KDE micro version update exception






    • Approved with 3 for, 0 against. 0 abstained




    • couchdb on lucid: backport 1.0




    • UbuntuOne cloud servers got updated to couchdb 1.0 to handle the load and SSL


    • According to README and James Westby, the 0.10 -> 1.0 upgrade needs to be done manually for the system wide instance


    • Impact on per-user couchdbs to be clarified


    • API is said to not have changed "much", but any change will break existing couchdb applications, and thus needs to be clarified and evaluated


    • will cause problems with shared home directories and clients with mixed 1.0/0.1 packages


    • To be investigated by U1 team: introduce couchdb-1.0 package into lucid; what other packages need to be changed, what's the impact?


    • To be re-discussed at next meeting with more information on the wiki page


    • ARB exception proposal




    • Public python libraries shouldn't be a matter for these packages


    • Private libraries could be kept in the app dir by setting sys.path


    • Can quickly templates be updated in lucid to automatically add the application dir to sys.path?


    • Non-quickly apps would have a requirement to set this up by themselves; is that practical?


    • .pyc files are not a must, so we could ship maverick packages without them


    • general opinion was that making an exception for desktop files only would be okay


    • Some discussion whether using a vendor prefix in /opt would make sense


    • Next chair: sabdfl (carried over)


    • Meeting 2010-11-30




    • Chair: Matt Zimmerman


    • Other members present: Martin Pitt


    • Guests: Allison Randall, John Lenton, Eric Casteleijn, Rick Spencer, Stuart Langridge, Emmet Hikory


    • Action review


    • KDE microversion SRU docs - done




    • Continuation from the previous meeting


    • We enumerated options for the Ubuntu One team to restore lost functionality in Ubuntu 10.04 resulting from the CouchDB 1.0 server-side update. The options supported by the TB members present were:


    • option 1: parallel package couchdb 1.0, update desktopcouch to use it, and release via SRU exception


    • option 3: update couchdb to 1.0 in backports, superseding 0.1 in lucid


    • option 4: do nothing, focus on natty, move on


    • The U1 team will decide which option to pursue based on available resources and business considerations




    • Continuation from the previous meeting


    • Allison's proposal was supported by the TB members present:


    • Allow .desktop files to be installed outside /opt.


    • In Natty, we'll modify Quickly, cdbs, python-support, and related packages o support installation in /opt.


    • For Maverick, accept that .pyc files and version symlinks won't be generated for Python libraries.


    • For Maverick, ARB will perform manual package fixes on proposed applications, to install in /opt and load libraries from /opt.


    • Binaries only in /opt (no exceptions for Maverick), will not be in $PATH.


    • Official install location is /opt/extras.ubuntu.com/ (with version number? i.e. "/opt/extras.ubuntu.com/foo-1.5")


    Ubuntu Development Teams

    ==== Xubuntu Team ====

    ===== Bug Triage =====

    • Still squashing bugs. This will be an on-going process.


    ===== Packaging, Development, & Testing =====

    • Inclusion of Xfce 4.7.x (future 4.8) is being worked on in natty.


    ===== Website & Marketing =====



    ===== Artwork =====

    • We still need a good plymouth theme.


    • Charlie is working with the Ubuntu Artwork Team to draw a specification for xubuntu artwork in Natty Narwhal.


    • ochosi is working on updating the faenza icon theme to include all icons.


    • ochosi is updating the bluebird theme to create greybird for possible inclusion in Natty Narwhal.






    ===== Community =====

    • We are striving to get more users to blog about Xubuntu. We would like to keep word out of the changes being made, as well as new releases.


    • We are attempting to submit new articles to Ubuntu Weekly News at least once a month about Xubuntu.


    • A community meeting was held on 2010-11-18. It was decided that meetings will be held weekly through December on Thursdays.


    • A community meeting was held on 2010-11-25.






    ===== Documentation =====



    ==== Ubuntu Studio ====



    • Moderating Seeds


    • seeds updating in ubuntustudio-dev bzr branch




    • emailed Colin Watson to update task list for tasksel


    • Art Development


    • plymouth theme




    • will begin updating package soon


    • GDM background/desktop wallpaper


    • want to update these as well


    • considering basing new images on developmental plymouth theme


    • Website Update




    • Decisions Made




    • Will stick with Drupal rather than another CMS (e.g. Wordpress)


    • Will use a "landing" page


    • Primary focus of the website will be:


    • to help new users understand what is Ubuntu Studio


    • to help new users learn how to use Ubuntu Studio


    • to help all users download Ubuntu Studio


    • Secondary focus of the website will be for marketing Ubuntu Studio


    • Next Meeting Preparations


    • tomwilso will prepare a 2nd draft of the site map focusing on primary features


    • ScottLavender will assist tomwilso as required


    • Kernel development






    Ubuntu LoCo Teams

    ==== Asturian Team ====









    ==== Australian Team ====







    ==== Belgian Team ====











    ==== Cameroonian Team ====



    ==== Canadian Team ====

    • Ubuntu Hours in Waterloo, ON (Nov. 3) and Ottawa, ON (Nov. 11)






    ==== Catalan Team ====

    • November 1st: LoCo meeting about last minute praparations for Maverick release party.


    • November 5th: JosepGallart spoke about Ubuntu Maverick Meerkat and the release party on Catalan radio program l'Extraradi (http://www.extraradi.com/) from Com Ràdio.




    • November 11th: JosepGallart spoke about Ubuntu Maverick Meerkat and the release party on a Balearic radio program from SOM Ràdio (http://www.som.cat/).


    • November 16th: LoCo meeting about sensation from Maverick release party and thing to improve next party.




    ==== French Team ====

    • November news :












    • November 10th - weekly ubuntu-fr-webteam meeting




    • November 15th - weekly ubuntu-fr-webteam meeting


    • November 15th - Rendez-vous Ubuntu in Paris, it's a flash ubuntu hour organised in the afternoon for the evening, 6 people show up, not bad.


    • November 16th - Install Party Maverick in Lille


    • November 17th - Install Party in Paris 8 university


    • November 20th - Install Party in Marseille - conferences, installs


    • November 20th - Ubuntu Party in Toulouse - conferences, installs, workshop - 700 visitors




    • November 22th - weekly ubuntu-fr-webteam meeting




    • November 29th - weekly ubuntu-fr-webteam meeting




    ==== Greek Team ====

    • Four new moderators chosen for the forum by the members. Congrats and keep up the good work!






    ==== Honduras Team ====





    ==== Hungarian Team ====



    • The number of registered users on ubuntu.hu has surpassed 19700






    • We did various translation-related tasks


    ==== Ubuntu Ireland ====













    ==== Japanese Team ====

    • We held "Ubuntu Off-line Meeting Kansai 10.10" at October 30th. About 40 people attended.




    • We held "Ubuntu 10.10 Release Party Tokyo" at November 6th. 68 people attended.






    ==== Nicaraguan Team ====

    • 06 Nov:




    • 15 Nov:




    • 16 Nov:




    • 20-21 Nov:


    • "Digital Technoogy for civil society" workshop in Santiago de Chile. Norman Garcia (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/norm) gave a workshop about digital security for NGO´s and a talk about Ubuntu.


    • 22 Nov:




    • 30 Nov:


    *Drupaleada Noviembre '10 (http://groups.drupal.org/node/108639), members attended drupaleada.

    ==== South African Ubuntu team ====









    ==== Ubuntu United Kingdom LoCo Team ====





    ==== United States Teams ====

    ===== Ubuntu California =====

    Team meetings:





    Ubuntu Hours:













    Website:





    ===== Ubuntu Chicago LoCo Team =====

    • Held our regular monthly meeting on 2010-11-01




    ===== Florida LoCo Team =====

    • Team Meeting held in #ubuntu-us-fl November 16th.


    ===== New York State Team =====

    .:Events:.

    • 20101106 6pm - 9pm NY State Ubuntu LoCo Launch Events Combined Launch Events


    • 20101106 6pm - 9pm NY State Ubuntu LoCo Finger Lakes Launch and Holiday Party Barnes and Noble @ RIT


    • 20101106 6pm - 9pm NY State Ubuntu LoCo New York City Area NYU Stern


    • 20101106 6pm - 9pm NY State Ubuntu LoCo Central New York Syracuse


    • 20101120 12pm - 4pm cws, deejoe and cprofitt will co-sponsor a Linux Workshop with Interlock Rochester


    • 20101120 9am - 4pm cprofitt will hold a hands-on lab for educators at NYSCATE 2010 Hands-on Lab


    .:Meetings:.

    .:Other:.

    ===== Virginia Team =====



    • Ubuntu Hours






    Additional Ubuntu Teams

    ==== Accessibility Team ====

    • Work continues on the Persona project




    ==== Ubuntu Classroom Team ====

    Classes:





    ==== Ubuntu Women ====

    • It's official, 5% of Ubuntu Members are Women!








    • Of the 623 Ubuntu Members at the end of this month 5.14% are women (30 November 2010)


    Upcoming Meetings and Events

    Tuesday, 04 January 2011

    ==== Ubuntu Chicago IRC Meeting ====


    ==== Asia-Oceania RMB Meeting ====


    ==== Ubuntu-audio-dev meeting ====


    ==== Ubuntu Mobile Team Meeting ====


    ==== Server team IRC meeting ====
    • Start: 16:00 UTC
    • End: 17:00 UTC
    • Location: IRC channel #ubuntu-meeting on freenode.net
    • Agenda: Not listed as of publication


    ==== Desktop Team Meeting ====


    ==== Kernel Team Meeting ====
    • Start: 17:00 UTC
    • End: 18:00 UTC
    • Location: IRC channel #ubuntu-meeting on freenode.net
    • Agenda: Not listed as of publication


    ==== App Review Board Meeting ====


    ==== LoCo Health Check ====


    ==== EMEA Membership Meeting ====


    ==== Community Council Meeting ====


    Wednesday, 05 January 2011

    ==== Ubuntu Cloud Community and Q+A Meeting ====
    • Start: 15:00 UTC
    • End: 16:00 UTC
    • Location: IRC channel #ubuntu-cloud on freenode.net
    • Agenda: Not listed as of publication


    ==== Weekly Ubuntu Foundations team meeting ====
    • Start: 16:00 UTC
    • End: 17:00 UTC
    • Location: IRC channel #ubuntu-meeting on freenode.net
    • Agenda: ound under https:/wiki.ubuntu.com/FoundationsTeam/Meetings/2011/0105
    • Info: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FoundationsTeam


    ==== Edubuntu Meeting ====


    ==== Jono Bacon @ Home Videocast: Various Topics and Q+A ====


    ==== QA Team Meeting ====


    Thursday, 06 January 2011

    ==== Ayatana UX team meeting ====
    • Start: 13:00 UTC
    • End: 13:30 UTC
    • Location: IRC channel #ubuntu-meeting on freenode.net
    • Agenda: * Introductions * Review team charter * Organize first UX activity * Brainstorm future UX activities


    ==== Ubuntu Translations Meeting ====


    ==== Xubuntu Community Meeting ====


    ==== Ubuntu News Team Meeting ====
    • Start: 23:00 UTC
    • End: Friday, 07 January 2011 at 00:00 UTC
    • Location: IRC channel #ubuntu-news on freenode.net
    • Agenda: Not listed as of publication


    Friday, 07 January 2011

    ==== Natty Weekly Release Team meeting ====


    Saturday, 08 January 2011

    ==== Ubuntu IRC Council Meeting ====


    ==== Washington DC BugJam ====
    • Start: 21:00 UTC
    • End: 23:00 UTC
    • Location: IRC channels #ubuntu-us-dc and #ubuntu-bugs on freenode.net
    • Agenda: Not listed as of publication


    ==== DC Loco IRC meeting ====
    • Start: 23:00 UTC
    • End: Sunday, 09 January 2011 at 00:00 UTC
    • Location: IRC channel #ubuntu-us-dc on freenode.net
    • Agenda: Not listed as of publication


    Sunday, 09 January 2011

    Monday, 10 January 2011

    ==== Security Team Catch-up ====
    • Start: 18:00 UTC
    • End: 18:30 UTC
    • Location: IRC channel #ubuntu-meeting on freenode.net
    • Agenda: nothing formal, just a weekly catch-up.


    Updates and Security for 6.06, 8.04, 9.10, 10.04 and 10.10 in December

    Security Updates



    Ubuntu 6.06 Updates



    Ubuntu 8.04 Updates



    Ubuntu 9.10 Updates



    Ubuntu 10.04 Updates



    Ubuntu 10.10 Updates



    UWN Translations

    • Note to translators and our readers please follow the link below for the information you need.


    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeekly...r/Translations

    Subscribe

    Get your copy of the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter delivered each week to you via email at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-news

    Archives and RSS Feed

    You can always find older Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter issues at: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter

    You can subscribe to the Ubuntu Weekly News via RSS at:
    http://fridge.ubuntu.com/uwn/feed

    Additional Ubuntu News

    As always you can find more news and announcements at:

    http://www.ubuntu.com/news

    and

    http://fridge.ubuntu.com/

    Conclusion

    Thank you for reading the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter.

    See you next week!

    Credits

    The Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter is brought to you by:

    • Amber Graner
    • Nathan Handler
    • Liraz Siri
    • Elizabeth Krumbach
    • John Chiazzese
    • Daniel Lewis
    • And many others


    Glossary of Terms

    Other acronyms can be found at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/glossary

    Ubuntu - Get Involved

    The Ubuntu community consists of individuals and teams, working on different aspects of the distribution, giving advice and technical support, and helping to promote Ubuntu to a wider audience. No contribution is too small, and anyone can help. It's your chance to get in on all the community fun associated with developing and promoting Ubuntu. http://www.ubuntu.com/community/participate

    Feedback

    This document is maintained by the Ubuntu Weekly News Team. If you have a story idea or suggestions for the Weekly Newsletter, join the Ubuntu News Team mailing list at https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/lis...untu-news-team and submit it. Ideas can also be added to the wiki at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Ideas. If you'd like to contribute to a future issue of the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, please feel free to edit the appropriate wiki page. If you have any technical support questions, please send them to ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com.

    Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License
    Creative Commons License 3.0 BY SA
    Last edited by akgraner; January 18th, 2011 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Issue 219 is available

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •