Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Dell Duo Setup Guide

Beans

Re: Dell Duo Setup Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Non.Cents View Post
    Has anyone thought about using Moblin on the Duo? It seems an interesting idea considering Moblin was originally an intel project, and the Duo has an intel chipset. You can find support for moblin on this forum and conical offers support for moblin as well.

This might just be over complicating things but I might just have to give it a look see. I love ubuntu but it would be interesting to see how another netbook distro would do.
    I thought about it. I still might mess with it just to see how well it runs. I will let you know if I do run it.

Also is it still actively developed? It seems like a dead project since they haven't had a new release since 11-04-2009
    Last edited by Kirboosy; January 4th, 2011 at 06:27 PM.
    "When our actions do not, our fears do make us traitors." -- Shakespeare
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not!" -- Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by Caboose885 View Post
    Ok everyone I added to my original post for fixing the multi-touch touchpad. Enjoy
    It is possible I am doing something wrong but the directions don't seem to be working for me. I will say that I had to mkdir to save that file that is made in the directions, and i had to use ctrl+alt+(fn)+F2 to open a tty session.

I don't think it should matter which tty session i was in (1-7) but regardless, it didn't do anything for me.

As for moblin, this is one of the reason one should check distro watch before installing a distro. The ubunut-moblin remix latest was 9.10 so its a bit old. Its probably also safe to assume that conical took what it could from it to make the new UNE. Oh well.
    Last edited by Non.Cents; January 4th, 2011 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Adding response

Beans

You actually don't need to save the file in the directions. Its like a temporary file. That might be why its not working.

Did you try logging out or rebooting?
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not!" -- Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Caboose885 View Post
    You actually don't need to save the file in the directions. Its like a temporary file. That might be why its not working.

Did you try logging out or rebooting?
    I did. I also have removed file and directory rebooted and re-did the directions to no avail. 2 fingers does the same thing it did before ie nothing at all lol.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Smile Re: Dell Duo Setup Guide

I seem to be having the same problem getting the touch pad working any suggestions?

Also has anyone though about putting a SSD into there duo for better battery life and if so any thoughts?

Here is a video I made showing off the duo and the dock if anyone is interested.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6HLXtIprUg

Beans
    Distro

Sound comes out of the speakers when plug in the headphones. I cannot get it to come out of the headphones for some reason :-/ .

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Made the trip to the new thread. I am going to try a few new things today , you might be interested, giving megoo a shot and also Android. I knew this was going to be a fun toy. Will keep you all posted.
    garwal

Ok megoo loads fine and it appears the cursor to the left top corner is an issue in this as well. I actually like the gui better than any have seen . I think I would solve a lot of the problems witgh a full install and updates. I loose any input from touch or key board at the second page of install. Any suggestions here. It does well running from the usb flash drive.
    Last edited by garwal; January 5th, 2011 at 02:06 AM.

Beans

I am so sorry everyone. I had a brainfart. I was trying two different ways to fix my mousepad. I thought the other way fixed it but I was wrong.

Please disregard what I posted early and do the new steps I just added. I know the new way I posted works. Enjoy (The correct version )

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Chuchaqui View Post
    Sound comes out of the speakers when plug in the headphones. I cannot get it to come out of the headphones for some reason :-/ .
    Could you possibly try different Headphones? I don't have any issues and I didn't do anything special. Maybe you changed something and it broke it.

Beans
    Distro

I've tried different headphones, also tried taking them out and plugging them in repeatedly. It may be due to the fact that I'm using Gnome, not UNE. Perhaps the drivers aren't properly configured for Gnome, since this thing is sort of a netbook.

Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast