Thread: How to educate kids about the practical use of Ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

How to educate kids about the practical use of Ubuntu.

Hi

I've used Ubuntu for 6 years now and whilst not an expert, I'm comfortable with most day-to-day home computing tasks.

What I am trying to ask is a little difficult to describe, but I have read about people who have managed to volunteer themsevles to setup Ubuntu systems for charities and volunteer groups who raise money for various means like the homeless, children with disabilities, animals etc etc.

I'd like to do something similar but don't really know where to start as I'm not really part of a volunteer group of that nature and so I can't work out who would want my help in that way, if you see what I mean?

I am interested to know how others have achieved this in some way, especially from anyone who is UK based (as I am) as no doubt there is a heap of red tape and other nonsense to break through.

My aim, in summary, is to be able to educate kids through practical means about the use of Ubuntu - either by joining an already established unit or by creating one of my own.

Ted

Beans

Re: How to educate kids about the practical use of Ubuntu.