Thread: Wifi Works in Ubuntu Live but Acting Weird After Install

Beans

Unhappy Wifi Works in Ubuntu Live but Acting Weird After Install

Hi.

I tried the Ubuntu 10.04 from the LiveCD and it connects to the internet via wireless router just fine. I tried surfing for an hour. After installing, I can connect to the internet but only for five minutes or so. After that, I can't surf anymore. The network logo doesn't show that I'm disconnected or anything. Does anyone have any ideas what to do?

Beans

Re: Wifi Works in Ubuntu Live but Acting Weird After Install

I haven't had any problems after installing 10.04 - seem to be able to browse, email etc as long as I want.
    Perhaps it's something you set up when installing, or something you've since added (possibly unintentionally via automatic updates).

Have you tried with the liveCD again (for longer than 10 minutes), just to check if it represents a change in your local environment?
    Derek

Beans

Hey dandnsmith,

Yes, I have used the livecd for a bit over an hour again and it's working fine. After that I just reinstalled again and tried the new install for just about 2 minutes and I'm disconnected again. I haven't added anything new. I can't even use update manager without getting cut off.

Beans

Sorry eddie,
    nothing immediately springs to mind.
    Possibly in the network connections, or in the way your router is set up to handle the connection.
    Derek

Beans

Ok. Thanks anyway