Thread: Multi-email account viewer

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Post Multi-email account viewer

I have several Yahoo e-mail accounts that serve different purposes (private, work, projects, etc.).
    I'd like to monitor all of them without having to log in and out of each. Is there a program available for Ubuntu Desktop that does this? Gwibber already does it with my Facebook and Twitter. The idea doesn't seem like much of a stretch.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Multi-email account viewer

Maybe I am missing something, but why does an ordinary email client like evolution or thunderbird not do what you want?

Beans
    Distro

That never occurred to me to try. Will those programs support more than one simultaneous e-mail account?

Beans
    Distro

That's what they are here for. As many accounts as you are ever likely to need on as many servers as you want, not necessarily all on yahoo.

Beans
    Distro

Thanks! I think I'll go ahead and marked this thread as [SOLVED].
    My only complaint now is that Yahoo would like to charge me $19.95 for every account so that I can redirect the POP information to outside programs. If I get a little more money, I'll do that. To many of my contacts have been using my Yahoo addresses for me to tell them all to change.

Beans
    Distro

That's rip off. I would never do that, already out of principle. Get gmail accounts or use one of the zillions of other free account providers. In fact, I have never before heard of a provider charging money for POP3 - it's pretty outrageous. Set up a redirection from yahoo to your new accounts and only answer emails from the new accounts. It won't take long until everybody starts using those and you can close down your yahoo accounts.