Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Music Thread

Beans

Re: The Music Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Evil-Ernie View Post
    I think you would like Phillip Glass (if you are now aware of him already) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phillip_Glass
    Check out 'Solo Piano' as a good example of his work.
    I do indeed, he does film scores as well I believe.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielYYZ View Post
    Django Reindhart
    Yes! Was introduced to Django a few years back, my old housemate had a compilation on tape of his and when he played it to me I was amazed! Then I found out he had mangled fingers from a fire! :O It just shows what can be acomplished.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

adam_brand, air_supply, beatles, beegees, big_n_rich, billy_joel, bj_thomas, blondie, bonnie_tyler, brian_ferry, bruce_springsteen, bryan_adams, canned_heat, carpenters, cat_stevens, charlie_rich, cold_chisel, corrs, counting_crows, cranberries, crowded_house, dan_hill, daryl_braithwaite, david_bowie, doors, dr_hook, eagles, elo, elton_john, eric_clapton, fefe_dobson, five_for_fighting, fleetwood_mac, garth_brookes, genesis, george_benson, henley-nicks, hollies, james_taylor, jamie_johnson, jewel, jim_croche, john_denver, johnny_cash, jon_mellencamp, kansas, kathleen_edwards, kinks, knack, little_river_band, meatloaf, natalie_merchant, nelly_furtado, paul_kelly, pink_floyd, plastic_bertrand, pretenders, richard_harris, rickie_lee_jones, righteous_brothers, robert_cray, rodney_crowell, roy_orbison, sanford_townsend_band, santana, simon_garfunkel, simple_minds, steeler's_wheels, steely_dan, steve_winwood, stevie_ray_vaughn, sting, supertramp, thin_lizzy, tom_petty, toto, turtles, u2, ultravox, van_morrison, yes.

That's the directory listing. Some only have one track, with just over 300 in total. I've been throughl the 'deep & meaningful' blues/jazz fads so now mostly just oldies that I grew up with in the '70s, and the occasional exception if there might be something new that I can aliken to the sort of oldies that I grew up with in the '70s. That which is familiar is far less distraction than things I have to actually concentrate on to listen to.
    The code is free but the data is priceless.

Beans

I listen mostly to my music every once in a while ill play a cover tune.
    OK. I mostly play cover tunes.
    Tom Waits
    Dylan
    Beatles
    Nirvana
    and allot of others.

Beans

Mainly Jazz, Classical, anything from the Romantic period, progressive metal, and technical death metal.

Beans
    Distro

Nobody has mentioned any hip-hop yet, I am partial to a bit of Tribe Called Quest, Roots, NWA, Slick Rick, Cypress Hill and Snoop

Beans

I usually go through phases where I listen to the same group all the time. Right now it's Apocalyptica. They're amazing.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Simian Man View Post
    I usually go through phases where I listen to the same group all the time. Right now it's Apocalyptica. They're amazing.
    In a similar vein check out Harptallica, Metallica done on harps. I saw them play live in Swindon (of all places!) and I was blown away! I think it is a testiment to how good Metallicas songs are that they transcribe well to orchestral instruments.

Beans
    Hidden!

Listen to a lot of rock (mostly alt/indie), and some metal, though I often listen to other genres as well.

My favorite artists at the moment:
    The Naked and Famous
    Tegan and Sara
    Stars

Also been into Opeth, Metric, Bjork, Tujiko Noriko, Lightning Bolt and This Will Destroy You. Don't feel like linking to them all.

Edit: oh yeah, here's my last.fm page.
    Last edited by RiceMonster; December 29th, 2010 at 05:07 PM.
    Code:
    while true; do echo -n "RiceMonster "; done
    Best thread ever

Beans
    Distro

Wow you guys would love one of my RAGE shows

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast