Thread: Banshee Music Player with iPod problems

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Banshee Music Player with iPod problems

Hey guys!

I wanted to put some music onto my iPod Nano, but realized iTunes is not compatible with Linux-- at all. I DO have wine and i tried to install iTunes through wine, but I am having some problems with wine and it didn't work. So i looked around and found Banshee. I "put" the music onto my iPod, and synced it, but when I checked my iPod, the songs weren't there. Then I plugged my iPod back in and checked Banshee, and it too said the songs weren't there, even AFTER i synced them with Banshee. I don't mind downloading some freeware to let me put music on my iPod, and I even tried to use Floola, GTKPod, etc. and none have worked. If you can help, that would be great.

Thanks, Tim

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Banshee Music Player with iPod problems

Which iPod Nano version do you have? If you have the 6th generation one, then you might be out of luck because Apple did an update that prevented syncing from other software other than iTunes.
    Best thing that ever happened to me on Ubuntu Forums: http://i.imgur.com/itEJe.png

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Dang it. Yes I do believe it is 6th generation (It has the camera.) Well that stinks. Do you have any suggestions for Wine, whenever I try to open up a .exe file, it says that it is not "labeled as an executable file." Clearly though, it is a .exe file. I also tried moving the .exe file to the virtual 'system32' wine has so that way I could install it via Terminal. In which case, I did get a successful install, but it gave me an error message saying I had to re-install the program.

Beans

I too am having problems with syncing. I have an iPhone 4 and it claims to sync the songs but never actually succeeds in doing so. I've synced my iPhone with foobar, winamp and other 3rd party software so it's not a comparability issue I don't think. Anyone have suggestions? Different software? Something I have to do to my phone?