Thread: Can't boot USB

Beans

Can't boot USB

Hi all.

I installed kubuntu 10.10 into a 4GB USB stick to try it out, possibly to install it on my Acer Aspire One if I liked it. But when I tried to boot Kubuntu through the USB I got this message:

modprobe: FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.35-22/modules.dep
    modprobe: FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.35-22/modules.dep

Same thing when I tried to install to see if that would work.
    So I basically never got past the Bios menu.

So then I tried 10.04 LTS. The screen just died on me. Nothing happened when I wanted to boot it.

Now Ubuntu 10.10 Netbook didn't like me either. That one started up, and then the screen went black, save for the mouse which was visible.

To get to the point: What I would really like to know is if there is a way for me to get kubuntu 10.10? What can I do to be able to try it?

In advance, thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Can't boot USB

How did you install Kubuntu to the Flash drive? If you used Unetbootin, I've never had any luck with the included downloader (first radio button) installing correctly.

I've had complete successes with downloading the .iso first, then using the .iso to install the LiveUSB version to the Flash drive. Make sure you have a good download (I usually download via torrent), then use Unetbootin to make the LiveUSB using the "Diskimage" method (2nd radio button).
    73 from Glenn - KG5UC "Mungo just pawn in game of Life"
    Bump Thread Post #39000 - How To Partition

Beans

Thanks for your reply.

I downloaded the iso from the official Kubuntu site. Just a normal download via the browser, so not torrent. First I used universal USB creator on a windows machine, then I tried unetbootin, using the 2nd radio button, on my Jolicloud netbook. I got the same error message with both methods.

So basically I used the .iso to create the liveUSB.

Once again, thanks in advance.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Check my signature, it has some information you may want to look at.

Check the 1st and the last one.