View Poll Results: Does the latest version work for you when you choose "Wallbase"?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hello.... Introducing myself and my script (Wallpaper rotator)

Beans

Re: Hello.... Introducing myself and my script (Wallpaper rotator)

Quote Originally Posted by yetiman64 View Post
    You're welcome, Just a clarification though, the script I got from my previous link was to change all of my media files manually at my end, not to use with your programming. I wouldn't stand a chance with that style of scripting.

Eagerly awaiting the 0_1_9 fixes (it unzipped nicely though this time). Cheers again. yetiman64
    Thanks for your continued support... I definitely need help with this last part... I absolutely cannot get the script to automatically open without it having problems recognizing the py files. I will continue trying but for those willing to help... when it updates it downloads and extracts the zip folder it then should run the new install script in a new terminal using this command 'gnome-terminal -x ~/WallofArt$LATEST/wallpapers/install.sh' were I am running into so much trouble is ONLY when I try running the new updated one from a bash script does it break and it doesnt know were the background.py and local.py file is located... were it should be in the folder keep in mind I have it referenced as...

pyfile="background.py"
    dest="/home/$ON_USER/wallpapers"

the cp command... 'cp $pyfile $dest' for some reason this is were it breaks ONLY WHEN UPDATING it doesnt break when running directly... so anybody have an idea why it cant find the background.py file which is in the same directory when I use this method?

so I definitely just figured it out but I'm not home right now so I'll fix it in a few hours but basically I think I need to change the directory before I executed I am sorry I was having a brain block

Wow easy fix. Done. Gonna work on other sites next... I HIGHLY suggest using the latest..
    Last edited by JCarlin6; January 8th, 2011 at 01:07 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

@James

Got it working fine now. Using 0.23 and its brilliant!!

Beans

Thank you lemmy =) I am glad I could help. Now do me a favor and spread the word when I hit 0_2_5 an article on slashdot would be cool lol
    Last edited by JCarlin6; January 8th, 2011 at 01:19 AM.

Beans

WOOOOT!

Beans

I have added more functionality into the cron I soon hope to implicate anacron so I will be able to give the option for days weeks and months... Fixed the local support as it didnt remove spaces from image names properly now it works fine. 0_2_6

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by JCarlin6 View Post
    It stores it in your home folder more specifically (/home/user/wallpapers/) It does not contain a size limit yet but it will soon... A uninstall feature is included which removes the entire directory and a reinstall is pretty quick but its not gonna be too big of a problem especially since you can do a max of 1 per minute... It is VERY easy to remove all the wallpapers manually as well just select everything but the main wallpaper file and the py file and your good. Its clean. Is that something you would want before you installed it or something I can add in sometime this week? as a side note the uninstall also removes the cron jobs and reinstalling does not add more.
    I emailed last night for help--I reinstalled it using images from wallbase.net and that works fine. I looked in /home/user/wallofart0_2_7/wallpapers folder to see if that was where the pictures were stored and they were not, so I knew I had it wrong and DID finally realize you did not say /home/user/wallofart0_2_7/wallpapers, so all is good.

However I do have questions--is there a launcher for this that I am missing or must I reinstall if I want to change my options? Also is there a shortcut I can put in the folder so I don't have to move my pictures into the wallpapers folder, but lead the program to where my pictures are?

Very good program though now that I have it working! Thank you so much for sharing with us!!

Beans

reinstall to change your options but thats a good idea I will keep that in mind.... Also I am glad you found out the problem. REMEMBER THOUGH if you uninstall then you will lose all images that are in that specific folder so take them out if you ever uninstall.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by JCarlin6 View Post
    reinstall to change your options but thats a good idea I will keep that in mind.... Also I am glad you found out the problem. REMEMBER THOUGH if you uninstall then you will lose all images that are in that specific folder so take them out if you ever uninstall.
    Thanks for the reminder! I will definitely keep that in mind!

Beans

I NEED IDEAS PEOPLE.... I have decided not to use deviantart as you cannot specify a resolution or ratio... Any other sites / Ideas?

Beans

http://www.caedes.net/Zephir.cgi?lib...ography&page=3

This is a site I use for desktop backgrounds. I am not sure if this is the type of site you are looking for, but the pictures are amazing.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast