Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Script for automated rtorrent installation with rutorrent for Ubuntu 10.04!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Script for automated rtorrent installation with rutorrent for Ubuntu 10.04!

Quote Originally Posted by FuuYuu View Post
    I got the following at the end of the install.

Code:
    Adding password for user flamebait
     * Restarting web server apache2                                                                                                       * We failed to correctly shutdown apache, so we're now killing all running apache processes. This is almost certainly suboptimal, so please make sure your system is working as you'd expect now!
     ... waiting Syntax error on line 1 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/rutorrent:
    Invalid command 'SCGIMount', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
                                                                                                                                   [fail]
    cannot find rtorrent binary in PATH /usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin

Installation was succesful
    You can now navigate to http://127.0.0.1/rutorrent and login using user: flamebait and the password you provided.
    Can't connect via htpp:/remote-server-ipdddress/rutorrent. Not sure how to proceed.
    Can't start rutorrent "command not found"
    How have you ran the script?
    Using sudo?
    Are you sure that all of the packages got installed during the installation process?
    Have you seen any errors before reaching the end of the script?

I see two obvious errors there:

Code:
    Invalid command 'SCGIMount', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
                                                                                                                                   [fail]
    cannot find rtorrent binary in PATH /usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin
    This means that something most probably went wront with the installation of the packages.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by CyberAngel View Post
    How have you ran the script?
    Using sudo?
    Are you sure that all of the packages got installed during the installation process?
    Have you seen any errors before reaching the end of the script?

I see two obvious errors there:

Code:
                                                                                                                                   [fail]
    This means that something most probably went wront with the installation of the packages.
    I got this same issue. I can't figure out how to get past this.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by swcrazyfan View Post
    I got this same issue. I can't figure out how to get past this.
    Have you ran the script in am Ubuntu 10.04? I haven't tried it in any other version of Ubuntu and I am pretty sure that it will not work, because as I see the ppa repository I used for rtorrent supports only Karmic and Lucid (https://launchpad.net/~patricksissons/+archive/rtorrent).

Have you ran the script with sudo like this?:
    Code:
    sudo ./rtorrent_server.sh <your_user_name>
    Run this command in the command line and try to run the script again:
    Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:patricksissons/rtorrent

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Code:
    I have not used this script, however, that problem should be easily remedied:

Code:
    sudo nano /etc/ld.so.conf
    add line:
    Code:
    include /usr/local/lib
    then:
    Code:
    sudo ldconfig
    Now rtorrent should start.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by rocker2344 View Post
    I have gone ahead and done this with CyberAngel's script but made to work with ispconfig aswell (this was my goal) i can work on one that works with out is (a base ubuntu install).

it has been modded only run the install script once

but for now
    Code:
    ./rtorrent_server
    let it install
    then
    Code:
    addrtoruser <user> <port> <client> <web>
    to start/stop a user run
    Code:
    /etc/init.d/rtorrentInit.sh <start|stop|restart> <user>
    Get it here
    http://www.aditlfai.com/rtorrent.html
    It will not break an ubuntu system.
    rtorrent just might not work like some other people who are unlucky

***UPDATE!!!****
    added
    Code:
    removertoruser
    ***1.9 update****
    This is not done, it works but does not have the ui i said i would put.
    added a
    Code:
    --upgrade
    flag
    it will now install on ubuntu 10.04+ servers, if a deiban user wants to test, they are free too.
    links located at http://aditlfai.com/beta.html
    Where can we download your script? Is it working yet?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Question Re: Script for automated rtorrent installation with rutorrent for Ubuntu 10.04!

It's not working here. It says "Installation was succesful", told me to restart apache2, I did, but it´s not working, "bad link to rtorrent" message.

Installed using
    Code:
    chmod +x rtorrent_server.sh
    sudo ./rtorrent_server.sh <username>
    Running Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS

apt-cache policy rtorrent
    Code:
    rtorrent:
      Installed: 0.8.9-0ubuntu0
      Candidate: 0.8.9-0ubuntu0
      Version table:
     *** 0.8.9-0ubuntu0 0
            500 http://ppa.launchpad.net/patricksissons/rtorrent/ubuntu/ lucid/main Packages
            100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
         0.8.6-1 0
            500 http://ubuntu.mirrors.ovh.net/ftp.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ lucid/universe Packages
    It's also acusing a "rssurlrewrite: plugin will not work. It require existence of plugin(s) rss".
    Last edited by mizifih; October 9th, 2012 at 11:08 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by mizifih View Post
    ...It's also acusing a "rssurlrewrite: plugin will not work. It require existence of plugin(s) rss".
    Does this mean that you can see the web interface of rutorrent?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by CyberAngel View Post
    Does this mean that you can see the web interface of rutorrent?
    I can see it, but it's very limited, with option button (with very limite options avaliable) and also says that rtorrent was not running or not responding. I could see some tabs on the bottom part of the screen, not only registry tab, but that's pretty much all I could see.

So, I could see the WebUI, was asked for password to access it, but it was not working with rtorrent at all.

But I found another script, and it's been working, so far. So don't get bothered with this

We're cool

I really appretiate your time and effort. I used your script a lot in the past, A LOT! I mean, past... wrong choice of word, I was using it 'til day before yesterday

Thank you.
    Last edited by mizifih; October 11th, 2012 at 01:24 PM.

Beans

hey guys where i can find the script ?!! is it the rtorrent_server.sh ?!! in the attatch

Beans

when i run .sh i got error

./rtorrent_server.sh: line 51: syntax error near unexpected token `fi'
    ./rtorrent_server.sh: line 51: ` fi fi WGET=$(whereis wget | cut -d" " -f2) MD5SUM=$(whereis md5sum | cut -d" " -f2) USER=$1 USER_HOME=$(cat /etc/passwd '

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast