Thread: No Keyboard after installing 10.10.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

No Keyboard after installing 10.10.

I am using 10.04 as my current desktop and am trying to look at 10.10 i386. I used it as Live CD worked good, so I installed to my hdd. When time came to sign in there was no keyboard but mouse worked. I used on screen keyboard to log in but it went away after login. Tried assistive tech. but could not find on screen keyboard. I use standard desktop A4tech key board that works with everything so far. Clean hdd for the install. Generic computer MSI MB, CPU AMD 64 X2, 4 GiG memory

This is strange as I have run 10.10 before when I was trying out Linux and it worked well but I settled on 10.04 for daily use. No hitches in install except spent couple hours on line with downloads that I didn't want during install, would rather wait until system is up and operating. I do not need language packs either.

Thanks for any help anyone can give, am trying to avoid reinstalling as it takes a while as my connection is slow.

Any information on installing off line and using aptoncd to install packages would help also.
    bob

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: No Keyboard after installing 10.10.

Merry Christmas , do
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    then go to
    System>Preferences>Keyboard
    Computer is not a device anymore. It is an extension of your mind and your gateway to other people
    Teach Ubuntu as a newbie Join
    O'Reilly's CD bookshelf Ubuntu 11.04 =D>

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Thanks but I have no keyboard so cannot type anything. Keyboard goes offline as soon as Ubuntu begins booting, caps lock light goes out and then nothing can be typed. I used the on screen keyboard to log in then the on screen keyboard went away and could not determine how to get it back. Not sure if on screen keyboard would work in terminal even if I could bring it up.
    If I get time will reinstall from scratch with new ISO download, that takes 2 to 3 days via torrent.
    thanks bob

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Well I'm still here. Tonight I burnt the Mint-10 live cd and no keyboard. This is based on Ubuntu 10.10 so I feel it is the same problem. I have no keyboard in WM or Term so cannot to much even though the mouse works.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I am sneding this on a Ubuntu lucid that I just set up. I reinstalled Ubuntu 10.10 still no keyboard. The reinstall was from redown loaded ISO.
    I restored a friends clonzilla clone of Ultimate edition and it had no key board but works fine on his computer. I changed Keyboards no change. I am giving up. I have to press on and work on scripting and command line. I will use Lucid LTS which works well and I like the Gnome interface. I don't need the Ultamite as it is disrtacting with all that eye candy.