Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any Motorcyclists?

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Any Motorcyclists?

That Ducati looks (and sounds) like it would be a fun ride!

I've been riding since I was 16 - which I suppose wasn't that long ago... I've been riding a Kawasaki Z750 for the past few years, though don't get out on it as much as I'd like to.
    Desktop: Phenom 955 BE | GA-MA790XT-UD4P | 8GB TG Elite 1600 | BFG GTX 275
    Conky Screenshots | Last.fm | New to Ubuntu?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Hey everybody ! I'm gonna join this thread. I just got my permit 2 weeks ago, I'm gonna get my MSF course in a week, AND THEN .... I got a 2009 Suzuki GZ250 waiting for me at a car dealer. Already got a deposit on it. I'll share photos and look forward to friendly advice about maintenance and riding in the city.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ecr959; August 2nd, 2011 at 02:20 AM.
    Eddie Colon
    Raleigh,NC

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Not a motorcycle, but I have a Piaggio scooter. Back home in my country I have another 1 too, also a scooter I guess 'coz it's only 125cc?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Sava View Post
    Not a motorcycle, but I have a Piaggio scooter. Back home in my country I have another 1 too, also a scooter I guess 'coz it's only 125cc?
    Scooters usually have a deck for the feet rather than footpegs and usually are automatic gears or twist-grip operated gears. My garage currently contains a Ducati 1198s, two Yamaha XT660R and a Peugeot Jetforce 125cc Compressor scooter (that's the one with a supercharger - two-up @ 85mph!)

Two wheels better than four (apologies to George Orwell and Animal Farm).
    Intelligence - that which leads to harmony

Beans
    Hidden!

Currently a Triumph Speed Triple.
    Owned a few others, broke a few limbs, smoked a lot of fat bankers in Porsches with my old R1 and Gixxer.

Not much else to add. Pics are on another comp. I'll upload some later if I remember.

Beans
    Distro

Hi everybody.

Well, I took the Rider course, picked up my license, got my Suzuki GZ250 home in one piece, and for the past week I've been prowling the neighborhood, practicing slow turns and quick stops.

I'm having a ball, and I'm a complete beginner at 56. Great fun.
    Eddie Colon
    Raleigh,NC

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by ecr959 View Post
    Hi everybody.

Well, I took the Rider course, picked up my license, got my Suzuki GZ250 home in one piece, and for the past week I've been prowling the neighborhood, practicing slow turns and quick stops.

I'm having a ball, and I'm a complete beginner at 56. Great fun.
    Were the same age and I still love to ride.....
    Just goes to prove,you can always learn something new!! Bought my first street bike in 1976 Honda CB500T and I've been hooked ever since.Back then you filled your tank with under $5, now 4gallons $15.
    Ride safe and like they say look out for the other guy..........
    Do you have beans that can not be seen with the human eye?

------- Spike from Cowboy Bebop the movie

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by DLM955 View Post
    Ride safe and like they say look out for the other guy..........

Thank you, DLM. I am a little nervous yet to take the bike into traffic on the avenue. But I drive cars for over 25 years, so its just the feeling of not being protected enough, thats what takes getting used to. No safety belt and air bags on this thing. I have heard from another NYorker at another forum, he has exactly the same bike, Suzuki GZ250, he says he gets on the highway and cruises at 55 to 65 mph. Pretty good for this small engine.
    Eddie Colon
    Raleigh,NC

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I used to have a Kymco Grand Dink. It has power mirrors that stick out of the steering column instead of on stalks on the handlebars. I was going in a left turn in the mountains and the road was rough. The left mirror had finally had it and broke off. After hitting the ground it just happened to go through a rain-drain hole in the retaining wall. I looked back and stopped, peering over the wall. I saw it tumble--spinning really fast--bouncing a few times and then broke on the rocks at the side of a stream about 150m below. It looked so funny, I was laughing so hard that I couldn't ride for a minute or so.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123