Thread: Cr-48

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Cr-48

Anyone get lucky and get sent a CR-48? Four came to Parkersburg but none were for me lol

nmaster is offline Extra Foam Sugar Free Ubuntu
    Beans

Re: Cr-48

i know this is two months later, but i got one today

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by nmaster View Post
    i know this is two months later, but i got one today
    you'll enjoy it.
    8 hours with the brightness high.
    10 hours with brightness all the way down.
    the 3g is great to, i use it when i'm riding shotgun, waiting for an appointment, etc...
    learn to use the ctrl & alt keys makes life easier.
    spacebar & shift spacebar makes going up & down easy.
    watch out for apps & extensions, some leak memory like crazy if you don't log out or shutdown for long periods of time.

my mom currently has mine, her laptop broke so she's using it till we find a good deal on a new 1 for her. haven't seen my baby in 2 days.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

luckies, none for me. when they started resending them i saw some going to 26101 but none to 26104 so i just lost hope. people all over were getting them. wonder why google hates me lol

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by f00fyf00f3r View Post
    luckies, none for me. when they started resending them i saw some going to 26101 but none to 26104 so i just lost hope. people all over were getting them. wonder why google hates me lol
    i also had friends & family sign up who would give it to me.

reach out, the odds are 1 in 60,000, the more people you have help you the better your odds.
    i think i had at least 25 people apply, 25 in 60,000 is a lot better than 1.
    Last edited by kerry_s; February 16th, 2011 at 01:12 AM.

nmaster is offline Extra Foam Sugar Free Ubuntu
    Beans

its a bit different than my normal computing experience... i plan on using it as much as possible in the next week so that I can get a better feel for how i'll use it.

has anyone here followed the steps to dual boot with ubuntu? is the ubuntu boot time still good? any thoughts on the subject?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by kerry_s View Post
    i also had friends & family sign up who would give it to me.

reach out, the odds are 1 in 60,000, the more people you have help you the better your odds.
    i think i had at least 25 people apply, 25 in 60,000 is a lot better than 1.
    dude i signed up like the first day, then 3x a few wks later, then through zoho and the others, signed some fam members up too no dices lol

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by nmaster View Post
    its a bit different than my normal computing experience... i plan on using it as much as possible in the next week so that I can get a better feel for how i'll use it.

has anyone here followed the steps to dual boot with ubuntu? is the ubuntu boot time still good? any thoughts on the subject?
    not sure on the boot time. theres an irc ch on freenode #cr48central where some cr48 users are im usually in there too they might be able to answer your ?s