Thread: Annoying menu appears when selecting/copying a link in firefox or google-chrome

Beans

Annoying menu appears when selecting/copying a link in firefox or google-chrome

Hi all,

I am using Ubuntu 10.10 (Gnome). When-ever I copy or select a link in firefox or google-chrome a menu appears near the cursor with options

1)Open with firefox
    2)Send URL
    3)Open with mozilla
    4)Open with opera

Its very annoying and I want to get rid of it. I guess its some script or some gnome integration plugin of web browsers. How to solve this issue

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Annoying menu appears when selecting/copying a link in firefox or google-chrome

+1, this is so annoying and only started today.

Beans

Re: Annoying menu appears when selecting/copying a link in firefox or google-chrome

no answer?
    same here

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Nope, still not found an answer.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

This happened to me and it turned out to be a mouse sensitivity problem which occurred after installing Opera . That was the only event besides updates that seemed to account for the behavior.

I changed the mouse sensitivity and now I have to triple click the mouse to produce the same result.
    “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can".

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Manual

Beans

Isn't there any way to solve this issue? I tried un-installing opera but still no results

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I don't think it's an Opera problem, because this menu appears every time you marking an URI wherever you are in gnome (don't know about KDE). So it must be some program/plug-in.
    It's quite disappointing that nobody knows what is that, especially on this forum... STOP! I found it.

If you have a "cairo-dock" and "clipper" on it, go to "properties" and uncheck "enable actions".

Beans

Talking Re: Annoying menu appears when selecting/copying a link in firefox or google-chrome

Awesome! Its working. Thanks dude!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Thanks. That was very annoying, and it works. You have to go right-click on the Clipper icon, go to Configure applet, then go to the Configuration tab, then under Actions unclick the check-box Enable Actions.

This post was hard to find. Perhaps someone knows how to make it easier to find for others.