Thread: uBuntu or Mythbuntu 10.04 LTS with Boxee. HDI ATI 4350 - Boxee sound problem

Beans

Question uBuntu or Mythbuntu 10.04 LTS with Boxee. HDI ATI 4350 - Boxee sound problem

Good morning/afternoon or evening!

I have been using Mythbuntu for some time on a Lenovo Desktop which I installed a ATI 4350 HDMI card. Originally running 9.04 I configured Mythbunu ok and then went onto installing Boxee then fixed some issues with video tearing.
    Other than that I had no issues all video played fine, sound was ok.

Yesterday I decided to upgrade to 9.10, then 10.04 LTS, then my problems began...

After lots of playing around with settings again I now have general sound working ok, with ALSA and Video is ok after I installed latest ATI driver.

However in Boxee I had video problems which I did not see before.

First being flashing colours on instead of Video. I resolved this by disabling H/W acceleration and following information found here: http://jira.boxee.tv/browse/BOXEE-5148.
    Next issue was sound all films now played ok however my HD films with x264 audio would play with a high pitched hiss, squeaks and sequels. I have played around with Boxee audio settings and have not been able to resolve.

Has anyone had similar issues, or is anyone able to assist to resolve.

Any help is appreciated!

Many thanks
    Scar1

Beans

Re: uBuntu or Mythbuntu 10.04 LTS with Boxee. HDI ATI 4350 - Boxee sound problem

bump