Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Conky Clementine Python Script

Beans

Re: Conky Clementine Python Script

In doing a google search for

Issue calling the dbus service:'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find'Unknown
    There are hundreds of references to many python based apps...

Just saying we are not on an island here...

Beans
    Hidden!

that error stems from no string data coming back which the .find method used won't be useable with either

I'm taking a look at it all now

edit: @VastOne, for info we need to debug the code to find out what is wrong, the code is home grown so searching google wont help. I have already found the culprit and am testing through all the code to make sure nothing else crops up too....location.find doesn't work when there is no location...

The reason we have issues is because the properties returned via d-bus are minimal for last fm and soma fm when compared to other sources, and code breaks when checking for things that are normally there with say mp3s etc....if you compare playing an mp3 and somafm in d-feet you'll see the difference in info retrieved for the getmetadata method...

For debugging I am using pydev in eclipse...

edit2: Find attached fixed .py file, let me know how you get on if this replaces your local version...should be working now. Once I get the thumbs up I'll release the changes in a new v2.03 package
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by kaivalagi; February 3rd, 2011 at 10:14 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
    that error stems from no string data coming back which the .find method used won't be useable with either

I'm taking a look at it all now

edit: @VastOne, for info we need to debug the code to find out what is wrong, the code is home grown so searching google wont help. I have already found the culprit and am testing through all the code to make sure nothing else crops up too....location.find doesn't work when there is no location...

The reason we have issues is because the properties returned via d-bus are minimal for last fm and soma fm when compared to other sources, and code breaks when checking for things that are normally there with say mp3s etc....if you compare playing an mp3 and somafm in d-feet you'll see the difference in info retrieved for the getmetadata method...

For debugging I am using pydev in eclipse...

edit2: Find attached fixed .py file, let me know how you get on if this replaces your local version...should be working now. Once I get the thumbs up I'll release the changes in a new v2.03 package
    It works now for me...

I am getting the complete information from SomaFM

Thanks for the lesson and pydev info, it was the one tool I had forgotten to use

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by VastOne View Post
    It works now for me...

I am getting the complete information from SomaFM

Thanks for the lesson and pydev info, it was the one tool I had forgotten to use
    Good stuff

IM me if you need any pointers on setting up/using pydev

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
    Works with last.fm and Soma, thank you so much!

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by laite View Post
    Works with last.fm and Soma, thank you so much!
    No worries, that's confirmed to be working from 2 users so I shall get busy with an update

Beans
    Hidden!

UPDATE

Updates as follows:
    • Updated script to work with last fm and soma fm info properly, only title, artist and coverart are available as this is the limitation set by the player

Package changes can be seen here: https://launchpad.net/~conky-compani...source.changes

The apt packages should be available soon

Beans

Thanks so much for this was using your banshee script before but now i have switched to kde so had to change my media player this works perfectly

Thought i would post what i have done with it keep the great work up
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_B View Post
    Thanks so much for this was using your banshee script before but now i have switched to kde so had to change my media player this works perfectly

Thought i would post what i have done with it keep the great work up
    Very nice... Glad it works out for you!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

hi, i cant get it vork the part where it supposed to shuw the album art i followed the steps exactly but nothibg happens, what did i mess up?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast