Thread: Moderators trolling?

Moderators trolling?

Doesn't that violate the COC?

Why would I get trolled for trying to help people?
    [ Fuduntu.org ] - [ Fuduntu Forum ] - [ Fuduntu Blog ] - [ Fuduntu Wiki ]

For a classic desktop with the latest apps, get Fuduntu!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Moderators trolling?

Moved to Resolution Center

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I will look into this and get back to you.

Thank you, here is the rest of the private message thread, I have screenshots of most of it if desired.

Cariboo907: You guys are getting easier to troll all the time.

Myself: Interesting, but I wasn't trolling you.

Cariboo907: It's seem all I have to do is post something stupid on purpose, and it shows up on Linsux within minutes.

Myself: I don't think it was on purpose, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Implying that you were trolling on purpose is a violation of your own rules.

Cariboo907: Interesting, who were you trolling. How do you know I didn't post on purpose, I certainly know just as much about security as you do.

This is where I sharply cut off the conversation after letting Cariboo know that I wasn't trolling anyone which unfortunately was not saved in my private messages.

Implying that he posted intentionally, giving bad information to users of this forum is a disservice to your forum and your users and irreparably damages Ubuntu Forums credibility.

If your moderator wanted to troll another web forum, he should have created an account on that other forum rather than doing it here where your users would read his post and accept his statement as fact due to this moderators position as staff.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

I will post some brief thoughts ...

I would remind you that the purpose of these forums is to provide support for Ubuntu. I only mention that as I notice that you have no beans.

Honestly, this cross-forums animosity is as unfortunate as it is immature.

Considering the entire situation, I believe there is some personal animosity between the two of you and when putting the messages you have posted into context, I do not see any violation of the Code of Conduct by either member.

I would ask both parties to tone down the rhetoric.

The administrative staff will monitor the situation and if you receive further bothersome PM's, or if you find any posts or threads you would like us to review, please advise us of the situation.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi.zazen View Post
    I will post some brief thoughts ...

I would remind you that the purpose of these forums is to provide support for Ubuntu. I only mention that as I notice that you have no beans.

Honestly, this cross-forums animosity is as unfortunate as it is immature.

Considering the entire situation, I believe there is some personal animosity between the two of you and when putting the messages you have posted into context, I do not see any violation of the Code of Conduct by either member.

I would ask both parties to tone down the rhetoric.

The administrative staff will monitor the situation and if you receive further bothersome PM's, or if you find any posts or threads you would like us to review, please advise us of the situation.

I think your opinion is unfounded. Are you really going to say that Cariboo did no wrong by intentionally misleading users of your forum?

That's pretty bold.

Considering cross site animosity, there are rules, your moderator broke them and you seem to be giving him a get out of it free card.

That's OK, but don't for a minute think that it will be forgotten.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Nobody is getting a 'get out of jail free' card. Just because we don't publically take action doesn't mean that no action is taken.

As bodhi.zazen quite rightly points out, if you receive further PM's like the one you originally received, and bring it to our attention, further action will be taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeb454 View Post
    Nobody is getting a 'get out of jail free' card. Just because we don't publically take action doesn't mean that no action is taken.

As bodhi.zazen quite rightly points out, if you receive further PM's like the one you originally received, and bring it to our attention, further action will be taken.
    Fair enough, thank you.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by fuduntu View Post
    I think your opinion is unfounded. Are you really going to say that Cariboo did no wrong by intentionally misleading users of your forum?

That's pretty bold.

Considering cross site animosity, there are rules, your moderator broke them and you seem to be giving him a get out of it free card.
    After reviewing the situation I think you are both at fault, but neither of you have gone over my threshold of what I find reasonable. Unless another admin wishes to weigh in, consider your concerns heard and noted.

Please accept my apology to you for any misunderstanding or inconvenience you may have had.

That's OK, but don't for a minute think that it will be forgotten.
    As I indicated in my last post, if there are further concerns feel free to bring them to our attention. Feel free to reference this thread if needed.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface