random issues in 10.xx
I just installed 10.04.1 a couple of weeks ago, and have been having some issues with it. A couple I already know the "answers" to, but there's one that I'm currently trying to figure out..
1. Empathy not starting automatically when I log in
2. Keyring constantly locking
3. A white box appearing in the top left corner of screen after any display event
"Answers" thus far:
1. It's because Empathy starts before the wifi connection is established. Empathy doesn't have a 'retry in 30 sec if connection failed' featuer. I wish it did...
2. I dunno. When I was using 8.04, I never had the issue of having to put in my password after just having logged in, just to unlock my keyring.. Is this default now? Is there a way to keep it unlocked, as it's annoying.
3. If the screen goes dim, white box appears in the upper left hand corner. If the screen comes back from being asleep, white box appears. If I manually adjust the brightness, the box appears. On login, it appears. Very awkward. This happens in 10.10, also.. Anyone know why this is happening? I can't find any information anywhere. I'm attaching a picture just to show what I mean.
I also notice that Firefox is really slow in 10.04.1 and 10.10. On the LiveCDs for each version, Firefox is fast, but after installing to the HDD, I do all the updates, and that's when Firefox gets really slow.. So is it a dependancy issue, or the latest version of FF?
Last edited by mattman85; December 15th, 2010 at 02:51 AM.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing that you don't put tomato in fruit salad.