Thread: Flash videos going blank in full screen

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Flash videos going blank in full screen

Hey, I've recently begun to have the problem of whenever a flash video in Firefox 4.0 goes in full screen mode, the screen goes black and my laptop is unresponsive. However, the video's sound will keep playing. Is there any solution to this? Thanks

Beans

Re: Flash videos going blank in full screen

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleandblue View Post
    Hey, I've recently begun to have the problem of whenever a flash video in Firefox 4.0 goes in full screen mode, the screen goes black and my laptop is unresponsive. However, the video's sound will keep playing. Is there any solution to this? Thanks
    Does your mouse still work? If yes, you can try to minimize the screen and maximize it again. Or you can try hitting F11. I have had this happened to me a couple of times. If nothing works then you will need to reinstall Flash.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Flash videos going blank in full screen

Quote Originally Posted by dnguyen1963 View Post
    Does your mouse still work? If yes, you can try to minimize the screen and maximize it again. Or you can try hitting F11. I have had this happened to me a couple of times. If nothing works then you will need to reinstall Flash.
    I can't do any of the above. I've also reinstalled Flash twice and that didn't solve the problem. I also tried doing full screen flash in Chrome and it was the same black screen. Thanks though.