Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu and AMD APU support

Beans

Ubuntu and AMD APU support

Anyone know if Ubuntu will run well on the new AMD processors. I'm interested in getting either a netbook with a ontario or a cheaper notebook with a zacate.

Beans

Re: Ubuntu and AMD APU support

I have the HP dm1z on order and it has the amd zacate in it. It should be here in 2-3 weeks and I'll try to get ubuntu on it. I'll post how that goes when I get my machine.

Beans

I have the HP dm1z on order and it has the amd zacate in it. It should be here in 2-3 weeks and I'll try to get ubuntu on it. I'll post how that goes when I get my machine.

Beans

evilcheerio,

Did you manage to get ubuntu working on the new AMD Zacate APU's?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Teodore,

According to a webpage consisting of a lot of information gathered from a very long DM1z thread:

Q: Linux / Ubuntu / Mint Support?

A: Almost everything is working. Granted, the Zacate is brand new, so more updates will be coming from individual dev teams to accomodate for the different flavors. Currently, the only thing that’s a head scratcher is the wi-fi.

craig1984 Mentioned this regarding it:
    Quick update for folk interested in Linux support. Several of us were struggling to get the wireless card working under Ubuntu 10.10 64-bit. ’Ricardon’ over on the Ubuntu forums has figured out a method. It uses a patched version of the native driver source using mods from SuSE. A little cumbersome but it works. Details here.
    So it looks like it's partially supported, but a bit of work is required to get it fully working. My DM1z won't be arriving until March, so I can't confirm the post.

Beans

I'm Using Sony Vaio VPC-YB15AG and install linux Mint 10 (base on Ubuntu 10.10) everything works fine after have some trouble with touchpad and sound but now after googling, i found the way out,

Only several Fn keyboard function not working ex. F5 / F6 for adjust brightness and F7 for LCD switch ,

Please any advice will be help .

Beans

Wink Re: Ubuntu and AMD APU support

Everything works fine by upgrading kernel into 2.6.37-020637 it's for natty , but its works perfect for ubuntu 10.10 too...

Cheers,,,

Beans

@hai2lp I bought a Vaio YB15AG. Got the touchpad working.

How did you get the sound working (Googling didn't help)? And I also get an AMD Unsupported hardware watermark in the bottom right corner.

Beans

BTW removed the AMD Unsupported hardware watermark by disabling the Ubuntu suggested ATI driver and downloaded the latest from http://support.amd.com

Beans

Switching to Natty fixed everything out of the box. The resolution is also picked up correctly but I still think I need to instaall the ATI driver to get the performance up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast