Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ubuntu Zimbabwe Desktop Wallpaper

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Ubuntu Zimbabwe Desktop Wallpaper

Hey raymondswart great art, how did you manage the 3D look on your text. That could really be useful to me

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Thanks TheGizmo, I've been experimenting with Blender which is an open source 3d modeling application. After watching the short film Sintel made by the Blender foundation I though it was about time i spent some time on learning (following tutorials to a certain degree) Blender as it has always interested me. You can find it in the repository and there are some great tutorials on wikipedia to get you started. I have found that doesn't matter how detailed or not your model is it's the lighting that makes or break it, i have used the safest option of global lighting on most of images. It is very resource hungry so don't attempt it on a lesser speck machine as you would probably have a not so hot experience.

My next goal is to get my 3d model of tux rigged up with bones so I can animate the little guy and do some video's/custom images.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by raymondswart; December 16th, 2010 at 09:33 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hey actually i work with blender , ive been working with it for some time now. checkout my 3d porfolio album for some of my art
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...5&l=13fa86ed1a

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Last edited by TheGizmo; December 17th, 2010 at 12:05 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by raymondswart View Post
    Thanks TheGizmo, I've been experimenting with Blender which is an open source 3d modeling application. After watching the short film Sintel made by the Blender foundation I though it was about time i spent some time on learning (following tutorials to a certain degree) Blender as it has always interested me. You can find it in the repository and there are some great tutorials on wikipedia to get you started. I have found that doesn't matter how detailed or not your model is it's the lighting that makes or break it, i have used the safest option of global lighting on most of images. It is very resource hungry so don't attempt it on a lesser speck machine as you would probably have a not so hot experience.

My next goal is to get my 3d model of tux rigged up with bones so I can animate the little guy and do some video's/custom images.
    Hey actually i work with Blender i've been working with it for some time...
    You can checkout some of my art in my portfolio here

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by raymondswart View Post

Hey actually i work with Blender i've been working with it for some time...
    You can checkout some of my art in my portfolio here

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Sintel was nice, now just waiting for the production files, wanna c how the made it esp the lighting. Elephants dream and big buck bunny wr also deBomb
    Last edited by TheGizmo; December 16th, 2010 at 11:45 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

You can get the magazine here it usually has some really good tutorials
    Last edited by TheGizmo; December 16th, 2010 at 11:22 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Hi TheGizmo,

Just had a look at your facebook gallery and some pretty impressive stuff there. I've got some catching up to do...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12