Thread: Wireless Problem - Hannspree Hannsnote

Beans

Wireless Problem - Hannspree Hannsnote

Hey all! I'm a new member here and Ive been browsing the forums and figured I'd post a question thats been bugging me. I have a Hannspree Hannsnote 10.1 inch netbook. I have it dual booting Ubuntu 10.04 and Windows 7. I have everything running perfectly on 10.04 except I cannot get my wireless to work. My home network is wireless n and is secured using wpa2 encryption. I have been able to connect once before by some form of magic and ever since it has not connected. When I plug in the ethernet it works fine, my only issue is the wireless. Everytime I try and connect it goes into its connecting stages, but then prompts me for my password again. Any ideas? Thanks.
    -Tim

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Wireless Problem - Hannspree Hannsnote

Don't use mixed mode encryption. Possibly bug in the distro.
    Get the power Don't dig any deeper.Fight the evil.

Beans

What do you mean? Theres gotta be someone who has the same type of encryption as me....I dont think its that isolated of a problem ya know? And yideas on how to get around this?

Beans

Anyone? This problem is the only thing keeping me from fully enjoying Ubuntu on my laptop! I tried this guide (http://www.ctbarker.info/2010/05/ubu...s-and-wpa.html) but I have had little success. It connected once but on restart failed to connect ever again.