Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swift Linux: lightweight, large repository, user-friendly

Beans

Swift Linux: lightweight, large repository, user-friendly

Come check out Swift Linux, my new Linux distro at http://www.swiftlinux.org . No other distro offers the Swift Linux COMBINATION of lightweight operation, a large repository, and user-friendliness. If you are using Ubuntu with only 512 MB of RAM, Swift Linux is for you. Swift Linux is lightweight enough to run on any computer that can run Puppy Linux or Windows 98. With 1 GB of RAM or more, Swift Linux feels as swift as a rocket. Swift Linux is fully compatible with the Debian software repository. Puppy Linux and most other lightweight distros fall short on this criterion. Swift Linux has user-friendly default settings. Unlike Slackware, Arch Linux, and Gentoo, Swift Linux is so easy to use that even Jessica Simpson could use it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Swift Linux: lightweight, large repository, user-friendly

Who is Jessica Simpson?

In case like me you've never heard of her:
    Wikipedia says:"Jessica Ann Simpson (born July 10, 1980) is an American singer, actress, television personality and fashion designer whose rise to fame began in 1999. Since that time, Simpson has achieved many recording milestones, starred in several television shows, movies, and commercials, launched a line or hair and beauty products, and designed fragrances, shoes, and handbags for women. She has devoted time to philanthropic efforts including Operation Smile and a USO-hosted tour for troops stationed overseas.

She has achieved seven Billboard Top 40 hits, three gold and two Multi- Platinum RIAA certified studio albums, four of which have reached the top 10 on the US Billboard 200.[1][2] Simpson starred with her then-husband Nick Lachey in the MTV reality show Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica. She ventured into the country music market in 2008 and released Do You Know.

She has sold 20 million records worldwide. Simpson has a total of records sales in Australia of more than 426,000 copies and was ranked in the # 113 on the 1000 artists chart of ARIA Music Decade Charts (1980–2010).[3] In 2009, Billboard named Simpson as the 95th overall best Artists of the Decade.[4] Simpson also was ranked at number 86 on Billboard 200 Artists, solely based on album sales."
    Last edited by Megaptera; December 7th, 2010 at 08:23 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Megaptera View Post
    Who is Jessica Simpson?
    Jessica Simpson is a pop music singer who starred in a reality show called _Newlyweds_ with her then-husband Nick Lachey. She's known for being dumb and ditzy. Jessica Simpson is famous for asking if Chicken of the Sea is chicken or fish, thinking buffalo wings come from buffalo instead of chicken, and thinking the plural of "mouse" is "mouses".

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Jessica Simpson doesn't sound so dumb to me...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Thanks, I Wiki'd as others were posting.
    But more to the point, I'm going to take a look at your distro.
    Which parts are marketing/advert only and which do you really want people to try & to give feedback on?

Beans
    Hidden!

Pics or it didn't happen.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Megaptera View Post
    Thanks, I Wiki'd as others were posting.
    But more to the point, I'm going to take a look at your distro.
    Which parts are marketing/advert only and which do you really want people to try & to give feedback on?
    Taylor Swift Linux is nothing more than regular Swift Linux with special wallpaper and a song clip that plays at startup. Swift Linux, Diet Swift Linux, and Forensic Swift Linux use the standard Swift Linux wallpaper and have no startup sound.

Beans
    Hidden!

sick website, brah
    Code:
    while true; do echo -n "RiceMonster "; done
    Best thread ever

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by RiceMonster View Post
    sick website, brah
    http://kompozer.net/
    The above post definitely does not contain any sarcasm at all.

Beans
    Hidden!

Looks like a Gosalia Style joke distro to me. First of all where's the web design? Now I'm not a web designer at all but I wouldn't put a product out there with a website which looks like that. If you can't do websites then fair enough but how about using a template at least? Or using a CMS like Joomla.

Swift Linux is fully compatible with the Debian software repository.
    Another Ubuntu remastersys then?

Swift Linux has user-friendly default settings. Unlike Slackware, Arch Linux, and Gentoo
    People who don't want learn Linux wouldn't use distros like that anyway so why compare yourself to them?

Swift Linux is so easy to use that even Jessica Simpson could use it.
    Then you have to compare it to some woman to promote it? Really?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast