Thread: (gedit:9912): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL in terminal

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Exclamation (gedit:9912): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL in terminal

Whenever I execute the command "sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list" a bunch of lines fill the terminal screen, all of them starting with (gedit:9912): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL. Here are some of them:

(gedit:9912): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_rowstride: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(gedit:9912): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_n_channels: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(gedit:9912): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_pixels: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(gedit:9912): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_rowstride: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(gedit:9912): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_width: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed
    The thing is that gedit opens and that I can manage to do what I want with the file. But this has never happened to me before. Nothing seems to have stopped working, but still, there might be something wrong.

I did a fresh install of Maverick Meerkat 2 days ago and this started yesterday.

I haven't found any threads and I have googled it and found nothing.

Thanks in advance!

Beans
    Distro

Re: (gedit:9912): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL in terminal

Anyone?

I am having the same problem over and over.

The number of "(gedit:*)" does change, though. Now I see the following:
    (gedit:5127): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_n_channels: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(gedit:5127): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_pixels: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(gedit:5127): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_rowstride: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(gedit:5127): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_n_channels: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(gedit:5127): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_pixels: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(gedit:5127): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_rowstride: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

Is it so uncommon? I haven't seen anything related.

Beans
    Distro

I did a clean install and I still have that problem.

It doesn't prevent me from doing anything, but still, it is quite annoying.

Beans
    Distro

I figured it out.

I was a problem of the theme. I installed elementary theme with some extras, now I went back to the default theme and get no error messages while using the terminal.

Beans

Boom !

I got the same problem after trying out a new theme.

Any suggestion about how to fix it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

use correct theme / submit bug to elementary maintainer