Thread: Iphone don't sync correctly with Rhythmbox

Beans

Iphone don't sync correctly with Rhythmbox

Hi,

I'm an ubuntu user since a year ago. It is the best thing I did no doubt. But, as always, there is some costs doing this. Specifically, My 3G Iphone can't sync correctly with rhythmbox. Though it says that is synchronized and in rhythmbox appears that indeed it is. But when I go to the 3G's play list do not appear anywhere.

p.s. Currently I'm using Maverick.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Iphone don't sync correctly with Rhythmbox

Sorry about your trouble. I don't know what's wrong with your phone/rhythmbox, but is there more information you can share?

One thing you could do is tell us which version of Ubuntu you are using, and which version of Rhythmbox.

Typically, you'd click the System >> About Ubuntu from the main menu.
    Rhythmbox, click Help >> About Rhythmbox.

Another thing you can try is to open a terminal, then give the command to start rhythmbox. [e.g. user@user-workstation:~$ rhythmbox]. Try to sync your phone, and then look at what is printed out in the terminal window. I don't know that it will show us anything, but if it does give an error message, it gives us someplace to look for more information. Even if you can't read it, you could post it here.

Good luck!

Killick

Beans

if you cannt solve it through rhythm box, then maybe you could install playonlinux, and install itunes from its menu. playonlinux is basically a gui for wine

Beans

You could try another "apple product" manager software, such as gtpod, or something similar. Most of them are made for ipods in mind, but should work with an iphone.

Beans

There are several ways you could get that working. The most "normal" one, would be to use wine to run itunes, but if that doesn't make you happy for any reason, you have the option of using an alternate program as gtpod or Hipo ipod right on Ubuntu. Another way to get files on and off the aparatuss is just by the file manager, and specially if you have jailbroken (or have no trouble jailbreaking) your device. Note that thise way is more dificult than most others, but also way more fun. Note also that you would have to circumvent the thing's (gameboy) security, which brings moral trouble, but can get you also some other sweet presents.

Beans

Thanks for all the comments. About your questions here there are some answers.

1. I'm using ubuntu 10.10 and rhthymbox 0.13.1. So probably in rhythmbox I'm using last version, and my ubuntu is completely updated.

2. I've wine installed, and as a last chance I'll use the options that you said. But, "philosophically speaking", I've been moving from PC to Linux trough Mac, so my intention is try to solve this problem without going back to that sources.

3. I'll try with other programs as you said.

4. My guess: it is Iphone's O.S which wont recognize the playlist.

Thanks!