Thread: WoW "There was an error logging in."

Beans

Question WoW "There was an error logging in."

Hi all,

Since i have updated World of Warcraft to 3.3.0a I have been having issues with logging in, it seems like it does not like the @ in my email address and it does not even try to authenticate. I have tried installing the two runtime packages through wine tricks but i am still receiving this error. Is there any other workaround to this?

"There was an error logging in. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please contact Technical Support at: blah blah blah" is the instant message

Kind Regards,

Omeil

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: WoW "There was an error logging in."

I did a quick google search and found this... maybe try the realmlist suggestion?
    Proud Kubuntu user since 6.06 "Dapper" | The Linux Conundrum | Linux User #440899
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master." - Commissioner Pravin Lal, SMAC

Beans

This happened to me as well. First thing I noticed was, today's patch deleted a bunch of files in the Warcraft folder, including Launcher.exe and Repair.exe. The following thread includes these files, uploaded by another user:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...25527182&sid=1

That was only the first step, still quite a mess. There were many more files missing from the Warcraft folder (I wasn't immediately aware), and I eventually ran Repair.exe. At the end of the process (10 mins) it downloaded the missing files. I'm up and running. Hope this helps!

Beans

A few users who have installed Snow Leopard on their systems,for this reason error may occurred.

Beans

Hi All thanks for the suggestions, but none worked i reinstalled wow and it worked!! this time, but then i tried going to northrend now my character is stuck because i keep receiving a critical error thats related to maps. So I have to reinstall wow again -_-. ah just my luck.

I was having this "error logging in" problem when I had my World of Warcraft dir stored on a different partition and symlinked into ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/

The fix was copying the World of Warcraft directory from a separate partition onto the same partition with my ~/.wine directory.