Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laser Printer Compability: HP LaserJet Pro CP1525nw

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Laser Printer Compability: HP LaserJet Pro CP1525nw

Hi all! I am looking to buy a new Color Laser Printer.

And so far my eyes are on HP
    LaserJet Pro CP1525NW. HP website mentions that it is compatible with Linux. However, this particular model cannot be found at Linux Foundation's OpenPrinting Database.
    As you can see here, there is no mention of HP LaserJet Pro CP1525N which makes me worried.

Also, the printer is not listed in HP Linux imaging and printing.

What are your thoughts and do you have experience with this printer? What other Color Laser printer do you recommend?

The fact that the that printer's specification on HP website says that it is compatible with Linux, yet it is not listed on HPLIP nor in Openprinting makes me nervious.

Thank you all!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Laser Printer Compability: HP LaserJet Pro CP1525nw

Almost all HP printers have drivers on them the computer looks on the printer or internet nd finds it downloads it and installs

I would suggest to get a kodak ESP 5210 and download the driver off souceforge like i have done works a dream

And saves millions on ink it costs over £50 to replace the ink on an HP

and £19 on a kodak

it works really well the driver I can post a link if you want.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Hello Spyderkid. Thank your for your response.

I will mark thsi thread as solved since my mother returned with a "new" printer that she bought from a moving sell. And this printer does work with Linux it seems ( I just made a print test, and it works), thought it is not in OpenPrinting.org

Thank you all!

PS: The printer is HP PSC 1315xi all-in-one

Beans
    Hidden!

I have had some preliminary luck with the CP1525NW printer, using the HP -> Laserjet M1522 MFP Series Postscript [en] driver Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by mriendea View Post
    I have had some preliminary luck with the CP1525NW printer, using the HP -> Laserjet M1522 MFP Series Postscript [en] driver Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit.
    Hi, I have the CP1525n printer, and I am too unable to find a proper driver.

I contacted HP through the HPLIP website. Here is a summery of the ticket:
    Hello,

I just got my new HP printer. I originally ordered HP Color LaserJet CP1515n, but I was told that there is a newer model and that I should take it. So I took it. The newer model is HP Color LaserJet CP1525n.

Before taking the newer model, I consulted the HP website:
    http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en...0-4052975.html
    This page says that Ubuntu (and Linux in general) IS supported.

Now, when I try to install the printer, I see that the printer IS NOT supported by HPLIP.

Can someone please explain me why the HP website says something and the HPLIP website says something else?

Ofir
    Hi,

I am sorry to inform you that presently we are not supporting HP Color LaserJet CP1525 printer on Linux. We might be supporting in next release but we can not guarantee a fixed timeline.
    If you wish to have a printer that works on Linux, always go to site http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web...ces/index.html and check if it is supported on Linux and you can consider your purchase for the right model type.

Please wait for next HPLIP release so that your model will be supported.

Thanks and Regards
    Ani Balakrishnan
    I really hope that the driver for this printer will be included in the next HPLIP release (maybe if more users will contact them through commenting here, and demanding the driver, it will be released sooner).

Beans

There is a proper driver for the CP1525nw though. Follow the instructions on this page: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer...ng/td-p/416257

Works like a charm for me. The test page prints out a nice Ubuntu logo and everything.

Beans

Might as well print it here. With thanks to odinb from the other forum:

On Ubuntu, Do the following:
    Go to "System" > "Administration" > "Printing".
    Then from the window that opens up, you choose "Add", then click "Network Printer" and "Find Network Printer", then wait about 5-10 seconds, and you should see the "HP LaserJet CP1525nw" listed twice.
    Choose the one that has the IP-address of the printer in round brackets. The one with the Mac address in round brackets will not work.
    Click "Forward" and then pick "HP" from the list, click "Forward" again, then pick "Color LaserJet" from the list, and the driver "HP Color LaserJet Series PCL 6 CUPS".
    Click "Forward", and "Forward" a second time since we have no duplexer on this unit, and finally chosse a name (or use the pre-filled one if you like) and finally click "Apply". Now you can print a test page, and then you are done!

I do not run Suse, so I cannot tell how to do this on Suse, but Suse runs gnome per default if I remember right, and it definitely uses CUPS, which is where the "HP Color LaserJet Series PCL 6 CUPS" driver comes from.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tiezemans View Post
    Go to "System" > "Administration" > "Printing".
    Then from the window that opens up, you choose "Add", then click "Network Printer" and "Find Network Printer"...
    May I add that if you first connect the printer to your router via ethernet, then go to the front panel of the printer, enter the menu by pressing "ok". Then use the right arrow to scroll to "network setup", press ok, then right arrow to scroll to "tcp/ip config". Press "ok" then arrow scroll to "manual". Press "ok" then enter a valid and unused IP address for a device on your network. Press "OK" to save it and "x" to exit the menu.

Then enter that IP address into a web browser on a computer also on your network, you should see a web page generated by the printer. Go to the "networking" tab. There you can change settings for ethernet (ip4) and wireless.

I add these instructions because your printer may not be able to connect to your network right out of the box, which means you won't be able to do the "find printer" step in Ubuntu as described by tiezemans above...

Also if the "find printer" fails, enter the IP address of the printer into the "host" field, then press the "find" button...

Hope this helps.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Beautiful ... worked perfectly. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast