Hidden!

Re: Introducing Fuduntu

Quote Originally Posted by Verbeck View Post
    the name FUD-untu...
    Just thinking the same thing....

Quote Originally Posted by Lucradia View Post
    Just thinking the same thing....
    Anyone can make something out of nothing if they try hard enough.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Look at their site. "Punny name, serious distro!"

@Jerenept:

And, some other applications that Ubuntu seems to lack; like Jupiter (for power saving), Inkscape, etc.
    And it also uses less RAM that Ubuntu, out of the box.
    Inkscape is just an apt-get away, and Jupiter runs very nicely on Ubuntu (and Debian).

I'm not trying to bash it, though. It's good to see someone making an easy to use distro that isn't just an Ubuntu reskin for once.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by fuduntu View Post
    Anyone can make something out of nothing if they try hard enough.
    Honestly, the first thing I though when I saw that name was that either you where making fun of all the ubuntu derivates, or that it was an "ubuntu sucks because..."-thread

Edit: don't get me wrong though, I'm not saying its a bad distro, just that the name might be a bit misleading...
    My cross-platform python modules for PVA or population simulation https://code.google.com/p/nobones/, written in Ubuntu!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimm View Post
    Honestly, the first thing I though when I saw that name was that either you where making fun of all the ubuntu derivates, or that it was an "ubuntu sucks because..."-thread

Edit: don't get me wrong though, I'm not saying its a bad distro, just that the name might be a bit misleading...
    Fuduntu - Punny Name, Serious Distro
    The name is a pun.

Fedora - F and D from Fedora
    ubuntu - U and UNTU from Ubuntu

pun
    [puhn]
    noun, verb, punned, pun·ning.
    –noun
    1. the humorous use of a word or phrase so as to emphasize or suggest its different meanings or applications, or the use of words that are alike or nearly alike in sound but different in meaning; a play on words.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pun

Funny uses of the name (by people on the internet): Bad Child FUDuntu, Spread FUD-untu, F.U. - Dundu!

The name is intended to be fun, and funny, while implying that the distribution fits in-between Fedora and Ubuntu. The fun uses of the name mean that it is successful.
    Last edited by fuduntu; December 5th, 2010 at 09:34 PM.

Beans

That is fine looks promising. Keep up the good work! If you get a chance take a look into researching BFS/Cgroups. I am around 80% sure cgroups do not work with it. Though I suppose there is no harm adding the patch if it is disabled when you have BFS compiled in.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Sounds like you have a nice project going. If I had a laptop I'd give it a spin.
    It's okay, I'm a limo driver

Quote Originally Posted by NightwishFan View Post
    That is fine looks promising. Keep up the good work! If you get a chance take a look into researching BFS/Cgroups. I am around 80% sure cgroups do not work with it. Though I suppose there is no harm adding the patch if it is disabled when you have BFS compiled in.
    You should be 100% certain because you are right; cgroups is available for users that choose not to use the BFS enabled kernel however it is safely ignored when BFS is in use.

Beans

Cool, I have more confidence in your project now. Thanks for the answer. Keep up the awesome work. I will try it out.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Gonna download tonight, Vmachine, might make primary OS.

Add Torrents please.
    Running a forum? Check out MyBB.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast