I have Kismet installed on my HP Pavilion DV7 Notebook which is using an Atheros network card. In etc/kismet/kismet.conf I don't know what to enter in order to get the program up and running. I have set

Code:
suiduser=myusername
but I don't know what to put for

Code:
source=
I found out by browsing around forums and Google that my Atheros chipset was an AR928X by using the
Code:
lscpi | grep Network
command. In a few forums they are saying to put
Code:
source=madwifi_g,ath0,madwifi
, but when I type ifconfig I see wlan0 and nothing at all related to ath0. Trying this with sudo kismet while my source=madwifi_g,wlan0,madwifi results in this error:

Launching kismet_server: //usr/bin/kismet_server
Suid priv-dropping disabled. This may not be secure.
No specific sources given to be enabled, all will be enabled.
Non-RFMon VAPs will be destroyed on multi-vap interfaces (ie, madwifi-ng)
Enabling channel hopping.
Enabling channel splitting.
NOTICE: Disabling channel hopping, no enabled sources are able to change channel.
Source 0 (madwifi): Enabling monitor mode for madwifi_g source interface wlan0 channel 6...
ERROR: Unable to create VAP: Operation not supported
ERROR: Unable to create monitor-mode VAP
WARNING: wlan0 appears to not accept the Madwifi-NG controls. Will attempt to configure it as a standard Madwifi-old interface. If you are using madwifi-ng, be sure to set the source interface to the wifiX control interface, NOT athX
FATAL: Failed to retrieve list of private ioctls 95:Operation not supported
Done.

In some other forum on UbuntuForums someone said to make some changes under SYSTEM>>ADMINISTRATION>>HARDWARE DRIVERS, but I don't have HARDWARE DRIVERS under that submenu. I don't see an option for it anywhere in my version of Ubuntu (Maverick 10.10).

Do I even need madwifi? I hardly know anything about it other than the fact that it's a driver for wireless cards. My wireless card seems to work just fine as I'm online right now...but I don't know what information to put into sources= in my /etc/kismet/kismet.conf file.

Thanks for your help